Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

If he gets delisted… from the Blues…

think deeply about this

3 Likes

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

Not much on the blues board on him.
He had a shoulder reco last year so that put him behind the 8ball but shouldn’t be excuses this year.

Blues should have 10+ players to chop before him you would imagine.

I guess argument would be we could develop him better than blues, plus there’s a great young group coming through together.

I’m just going off his under 18 talent stuff.
And if it was the stock market his value would be low trade wise.
And blues have already played setterfield ahead of him.

1 Like

Picking a guy who’s going to be 23 on their U18 form? Hi SOS hi.

Fogarty has a few issues to sort out before he can play footy - It could go either way for him.

Still want to do this Syd?

How about people stop posting ■■■■■■■ ridiculous trades, getting rid of club legends.

8 Likes

Dan Butler might be worth a look, pressure forward with good skills.

1 Like

Will Brodie might be the one we can get on the cheap. Dropped again after having a pretty good month, would be a very decent option as a big midfielder

3 Likes

How can we afford him unless we expect to lose a player?

1 Like

For the love of God I seriously farking hope not

5 Likes

20443-B04-9649-4835-9-B84-B5216-C07-AF69

2 Likes

Ellis would be a good pickup for the blues add Depth, and he would get a regular gig.

Not sure why we would be interested. And why he would want to come to us as he would be fighting with Langford/Clarke for a game.

He gets a regular gig at Richmond!

2 Likes

Played a lot of vfl last year and early this year, only got a look in when all the injuries hit.

1 Like

He’s probably the last thing we need at the moment.

Guessing he’s being squeezed out by salary cap.

Salary cap yes but wonder why he’s being squeezed at the Tigers for their best side?

Capable of 30-40 possessions on a wing/midfield. Super hard running player.

Would certainly mean us pushing out someone if we got him.

I’d expect other clubs would be throwing a lot more $$ and definite game time

1 Like

This logic is sound and it is a relatively low risk strategy as even though he has dropped off a bit Goldstein is still a good player. My worry is that we might still have to pay a bit overs.

I would prefer to have a shot at 2meterPeter or Patton which I understand is more risky as they are not out and out ruckmen but at least they are versatile, and have most of their career in front of them. If we had Belly for 1-2 more years, Draper and Wright/Patton, Smack and Daniher I feel like there is a lot of options and versatility there.