Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

He’s an upgrade on DLarke, but by how much?

Negative 50

1 Like

May be just me, but I see Dlarke as a terrier and E-Y as a bulldozer.

He makes more sense to me than Ellis.
I can’t see that at all.

2 Likes

I agree with that, I’d add a new 3rd ruckman and a young ruck/forward.

I’ve got high hopes for Ham and Mozzie but ideally we’d have another 2 small forwards/HFF.

Most importantly we need to get our forward line off the injury list and back to 100%.

Acemans boy

We have Snelling he will make it

3 Likes

Is Sam Hayes signed at Port? He’d be the perfect player to add IMO. The guys at Ranges said he & Stephenson would be AFL guns, they just have “it”. They felt Stephenson should’ve gone pick 1 or 2. Hayes somehow lasted to pick 47(?) and I was desperately hoping he’d make it to us but Port got him the pick before. He’s a young ruck/forward. Just turned 20 and at over 200cm, moves well and is good below his knees. Did an ACL last year and was home at his local club for a bit during recovery. Would love to get him home and to the Bombers.

7 Likes

Contracted till 2021 I think.

And Port do have a surplus in young ruck/forwards.

Perhaps we should send his details to the Saints so they can stop harassing poor Sammy Draper.

I was a fan of Hayes but he always shaped more as a forward than a ruck to me, strength was always in his marking rather than tap work, though I’m sure Port have put a lot of work into developing that side of his game.

I’d be a bit concerned if his knee op affected his spring though. Depends on whether it was his natural take-off foot.

Griffin Logue?

High draft pick. Done nothing at the dockers. Lyon can miss some who don’t follow his rules so there could be a decent player there for KPB?

1 Like

Supposedly we’re one of the clubs inquiring about Bryce Gibbs.

Been waiting since 2006 for this moment. :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

Our VFL list is gonna be awesome next year.

1 Like

Our VFL list is awesome this year.

Although the increasing length of the injury list is starting to bite.

Left out or injured?

Stats say he played 3 WAFL games & 0 AFL games last year; 4 WAFL & 4 AFL this year

1 Like

he was a bit of a risky pick when they took him anyway. he had a very good draft combine, which raised his profile. but i think the dockers were keen to pick up a WA boy so there was no issues with the “go home factor”. hes probably not worth the trouble for us. theres better options out there

1 Like

I find that pretty hard to believe. Not sure why we’d chase an old guy now when we’ve specifically targeted a lower age bracket for a few years

1 Like

Agreed. I reckon we just get added to every trade article for clickbait

2 Likes

Looking at the indicative draft order we really need to hold on to our current (late) picks. We need an unrestricted free agent/s who doesn’t cost us anything in terms of draft picks. Any talk of a ruckman that Essendon are chasing that fits into this category?

Sam Jacobs, Kreuzer, Sandi, Goldstein, Tom nicholls

If it were 2011…