Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

He is shot, legs are gone and unfortunately talent won’t make the stage again

1 Like

No he wouldn’t. He’d be just laid up, injured.

Some reports are stating that clubs are trying to lure Tom Papley home to Vic.

Reckon he’s on his way to becoming one of the best small forwards in the game. Tough, quick, kicks goals, loves to pressure and is only 22.

He’d cost a bit but would definitely be worth a look IMO.

4 Likes

I would rather see Bennell on our Rookie list pushing for some form and maybe having some luck with his body than seeing him play 25 games in his first year at Hawthorn…

4 Likes

He is the kind of risk Richmond have been taking recently.

1 Like

What injury prone player has Richmond taken recently?

Marlion Picket. They also rolled the dice on Stack and it’s sure paying off.

Big difference between Pickett’s broken finger and Bennells continual soft tissue injuries

Added on top of his continual off field issues

Completely wasted talent but I can’t see any AFL clubs going there

3 Likes

Christ no!

He played 1 wafl game (0 Afl) in 2016, 4 WAFL + 2 AFL in 2017, 11 Wafl + 0 AFL last year and 4 WAFL + 0 AFL this year

He’s missed far, far, far more footy than he’s played in his Freo career, and his last year at GC was much the same

2 Likes

Why are these “risks” anything like the Harley situation? His body is shot (or at least appears to be). He should go to Hawthorn.

I think us having Connor on the list and playing well.
Connellan when he was in the VFL this year too would have helped enhance our reputation.
plus the irish guy who broke Welshs leg years ago…forgotten his name.

Richmond have only had one Irish guy play more than a game (4) and currently none on their list.

Hawthorn or Richmond for mine.
Hawks have more cap space if he wants $$.
Tigers just after top end talent. but maybe theyd be concerned to have him with Stack, Marlion, there or maybe it would actually be good for Bennell.
Would enhance their VFL side.

Not true. At worst he’ll bring his off-field issues with him. We don’t need that near our young players. Didn’t he get into an altercation with bikies at a match earlier in the year?

1 Like

I’d have thought Harley’s (quite an appropriate name really…) off-field interests are a fairly open secret. That, far more than his body made of glass, makes his chances of a future AFL career very remote indeed…

2 Likes

In hindsight. It’s the kind of desperate thing Hawks would do if they fail on Coniglio & others.

No doubt Clarko thinks if they get back Mitchell plus add a few more into midfield they will be back on track again

If he was uncertain about leaving the Giants, their handling of his knee complaint might be the deciding factor for Coniglio to leave the club. And with GWS saying they won’t match any free agency bid he’d be a great pickup. Pity the EFC don’t have any cap space unless they offload a couple of well paid senior players

Yep.

I couldn’t think of any player on any list that I’d want less.

Coniglio would complete our midfield.

Coniglio doing his knee works into Hawks laps…they can afford to pay him $$$ while injured, and still puport they have the best medicos in the business. Especially only costing salary cap not picks as they need to rebuild with what they have left in the draft.

They would even trade Breust to the Giants as a sweetner to get it over the line… I mean Giants not match the offer.

1 Like