Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

So you’re saying he’s due some luck?

1 Like

Generally we do well trading with Freo.
But I wouldnt touch him.
Leave him for Hawks/Tigers.

1 Like

Some dogs supporter on BF saying we are in for Ben King, Doubt this guys knows anything but If Ben does want out of the suns already we should be going hard for him.

Perfect Hooker replacement for the next decade. Wouldn’t come cheap but we should try.

Also talk that Tippa is getting bigger offers elsewhere so we may need to come to the party a little more.

The Dogs, Saints and Blues have apparently all made generous offers to Walla. I trust we’ll lock him down on a long contract soon though.

Yep agree, he seems to have the club in his veins.

2 Likes

He must also be a favourite of about half our supporters. They wouldn’t dare let him go.

1 Like

Tippa would be close to the most marketable player in the AFL. theres no way we let him walk to another club…

4 Likes

Surely we have no currency to make that happen

No first rounder to trade and player wise they’d be wanting a star back

I swear I recall an article earlier this year saying he was happy up there being able to go beach daily etc

With JD cooked and Hooker in his twilight years if you could you would

Perhaps if we are keen just planting the seeds for a year or so. Disco playing long game and all.

1 Like

we would need to offer up a future 1st at least for him. i think another club will swoop in with a better offer though. they probably have more cap space for him too.

would be nice to have him though

There will surely be AFL shenanigans performed to ensure Gold Coast don’t lose their early pick players.

we cant use another future first can we?

Yep. We’ve used 3 since 2015. Can still trade out next year.

Theres rules around trading out any 1st rounders after a few years. they expect each club has at least 1 first rounder each 2-3 years, but the AFL dont really seem to enforce it. Hawks had to use their first rounders to get the O’Meara trade done and the AFL greenlit it.

The AFL can approve it if you can prove you have enough talent under a certain age demographic. They set a bad precedent with the Hawks though. If they could prove it with their ageing list and lack of young talent then anybody can.

1 Like

Long bow but that might be why the Saints are chasing Draper, or at least jacking up his price.

“At 202cm he kicked 11 goals in his first game… draws comparison to St Kilda backman Jake Carlisle”

Oh please! Since when has Carlisle ever kicked 11 goals? All he did was grumble the whole time about being played forward.

Comparison clearly about playing both ends

He went alright at times

1 Like

My comment was a little tongue-in-cheek. I was at that game, and enjoyed it at the time. I actually think Carlisle is very capable of playing at both ends, but he didn’t really embrace the idea.

1 Like

I thought that, It makes sense, Make us pay more so they have a clear run at Max’s brother.

So is John McCarthy