Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

What I want to know is how we are going to prize Ceglar off Hawthorn to get the Shiel trade across the line.

9 Likes

:coat: +:shield: = FLAG

Needs moar Fergasms

1 Like

Wats this lobster cave business

Predicting Shiel’s decision is probably the best Essendon-related thing that Judd Lalich has done.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Didn’t Lalich kick a goal in the greatest comeback of all time? That has to be worth something!

2 Likes

I forgot McCartney went there.

He was a prick with stringer last year. Hopefully GWS educate him on doing deals.

He wasn’t. Fat Gordon was, overruled list management department and then Disco took pick 11 to GWS instead.

4 Likes

getting-back-together-quotes-the-best-quotes-about-getting-back-250-quotes-of-getting-back-together-quotes-160x120

Worst part about landing Shiel? Waiting almost 5 months to watch his first game in red and black.

11 Likes

Thrilled to get Shiel. Before the Blitz crash, for about 2 minutes there were 30-40 posts per minute occurring so I quickly rushed to Twitter when Blitz servers failed and saw the good news confirmed.

Would have been nice to see the collective joy live, disappointing the servers couldnt handle the load.

God Im happy right now.

2 Likes

Sensible comments from a man with a sensible haircut.

But did you also find it strange that everybody collectively decided it was done a few minutes before it was announced?

1 Like

@westozziebomber hope you are enjoying this, this is why you should never say never.
But it’s alright I’m doubted too

Lol I genuinely had no idea what was going on when I scrambled to Twitter and couldnt see any confirmation for another minute or two.

That whole 3-4 minute period was damn strange ending in glorious, glorious happiness.

May or may not have roared with delight.

3 Likes

■■■■ actually playing footy, we’re way better at trade period.

11 Likes

I literally saw it on here and then the thread turned it to Fark Carlton (FARKED)

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out in the short term. I suspect a general agreement will be reached fairly easily, GWS told him to canvas his options so everyone is likely already aware of what they’re wanting. But it may not be announced for a while, as the specifics may hinge on a few other things we/they are doing.

1 Like

I want to hear more from mr positive, @alex.f.94 and how we’re not going to get Shiel.

23 Likes