Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I think Deerrrrwayne and Gerard are a pack of f**kwits

2 Likes

If they want to get to Essendon… they will.

Beams is a gun but my hunch is that Brissie would want a lot for him, considering he’s still under contract.

Would love him at the club for the next few years - as I think that’s our window - but it’ll all depend on what it costs to get him here and how it’ll impact our draft position/other potential trades.

2 Likes

Eeeewwwwww

1 Like

Could have been worse.

3 Likes

Hmmmm.
Maybe.

Hurley and next year’s first. done deal

1 Like

Umm no

3 Likes

The top comment:

“We probably don’t need Daniher, but might take McGrath and a first rounder.”

I hope he’s joking.

1 Like

Weird that Disco is after a contracted 29 year old player.

Too high a price for the trade table.

My favourite is ‘Essendon are notoriously bad at fair trading.’
Three players from different clubs traded in last year, idiot.

I’d say it’s more Beams wants to come back to Melbourne and Essendon is his chosen location. I’m not sure we would be chasing him hard, but open to it if it was right for us. He just doesn’t fit the age group we have been targeting.

Sheil on the other hand, he is exactly the player we would be after.

3 Likes

With Shiel I could see it getting done for our 2018 first and 2019 second. Less than Treloar, but more than FA.

2 Likes

Would have to add this years 2nd on top of that at the very least.

Not necessarily. Treloar was effectively a first rounder + upgrading a second to first. This replaces the second bit with a straight second. It is obviously less than Treloar. But it is way more than FA which is likely to be about pick 15-16.

It’s not full value, but it’s more than FA.

Wow. That’s come out early this year.

1 Like

What about 2018 2nd round and our 2019 1st?

1 Like

If Eagles force a trade for Gaff.
Geelong lose Kelly, Receive Essendons first rounder
Essendon lose first round pick, Gain Gaff
West Coast Gain Kelly & Colyer

I’d be open to getting Beams provided it was a decent deal but Shiel would be absolutely perfect for us IMO. Smith deal was pretty good for us, our first & future third for Devon Smith, Collingwood 2nd (2016 trade of WHE) & a future second, think that’s roughly the deal? Beams at a similar deal might be ok but my preference would be to target Shiel but if that falls through, take the first rounder to the draft and maybe try to snag another while we’re at it.

2 Likes

So your saying we can pick up Shiel for picks 8+ and 38+ ?