Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

For 15 years you have been banging our about midfields are everything, midfields this, midfields that, now you are saying all you need are KPD’s & the rest will look after itself?

You sir, are full of shitt, at least be consistent in your arguments over the stretch.

We were miles off it between 2002-2005, just like Geelong has been miles off it in the last 6 years & will continue to be miles off it for another 6 years.

You are either winning flags, or going home empty handed.

Did you know we lost 5 GF’s while D Reynolds was our coach? No, you only know about the 4 that he won. In 10 years time, will anyone remember that the Cats were a competitive team from 2012-2018 & made a few PF’s? No, they will only know them as a great team from 2007-2011.

Just answer 2 questions:
Were we successful in 2002 -2006?
Were the Cats successful in the last 6 years?

If your answer to both questions if Yes, then you need your head read, if your answer is No, then wtf are we arguing?

Of course it’s not how it works.

And of course you can. So can I.

The first in series of short podcasts.

I was just taking pizz

1 Like

Apparently Tom Browne reporting Shiel being offered - $1.3m x 7 from St Kilda

Surely pisstake

Levels of desperation from North & St Kilda and amusing nonetheless.

Adding that to the $800k x 5 for Hannebury

4 Likes

Probs not. Still won’t go there.

Everyday Tom Browne keeps upping the amount being offered.

2 Likes

If that’s true it’s almost impossible to turn down.

2 Likes

Can Tom Browne be banned from blitz please?

4 Likes

EFA

2 Likes

Yeah possibly although I did read something Browne wrote about it yesterday and I got the distinct impression he was making up the numbers based on his opinion of Shiel’s worth.

Obviously Barrett is reading BLITZ. and getting his rumours I know as much up here in Dubbo as he knows.

I reckon my sources are better than his too.

2 Likes

Tom Browne:

1 Like

Tom brownes fool days

6 Likes

Correct.
Connors 100% using his mouthpiece to run up the price. Latest nunber is laughable though.

TBF to him, that’s his job, he has to be made to look like h has something to offer during news reports.

1 Like

No, no pisstake.

As I posted a couple of days ago, Carlton had been told by Shiel (or at least his manager) that he was not their preferred destination

Carlton also believe Shiel’s preference is to stay AND that the Saints had tabled a 1M+/year offer.

All Browne is doing is confirming the last point.

Info comes from a work colleague whose best mate - who he talks to almost daily - is very highly placed at Carlton.

4 Likes

Somebody tell Paul that we’ve moved on, Shiel was soo yesterday’s play thing. Now we’re all aboard the Parker express.

1 Like

Gonna need a Parker when it farking rains goals next yr!!

9 Likes

To be fair? Be farked with you!! The guy is an outright fraud, not a boil on a journalist’s a r s e.
It’s back to the old days of The Truth, where they used to legitimately sit in a bar all afternoon and cook up the most outrageous stories they could dream of.
At least those guys were honest about their dishonesty…