Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I like Wingard a lot, but I’d be concerned given he has a long history of wanting to stay in SA that an interstate move might not work that well with him. Also don’t think he’s worth what we’d have to pay.

Wingard, Setterfield, Shiel, Gaff! Anyone please.

2 Likes

oh he’s gettable.

Dodoro should be playing that quote back to him on a loop.

They don’t want him.

I don’t want Wingard myself. He’s Inconsistent and soft like a lot at his club. Yes, he can turn it on, but we have enough of those players. We need a jet who is consistent in the midfield even when its tough going, not someone who only turns it on when he feels like it.

4 Likes

@Laverde2Langford would disagree with you.

1 Like

AA honors isn’t good enough?

perception can be a funny thing. I’ve perceived him as being a bit of an enigmatic downhill skier. But you look at the clearance/tackling and contested possession numbers L2L put up last night and it paints a bit of a different picture.

2 Likes

It’s totally fine to say I don’t think Wingard or Parker are not the type of player we should be looking at, but my goodness, there are a lot of crazy comments about players here. Wingard is a very talented player who has been great for Port over the past 5+ seasons. Parker is an elite mid and any comparison to Wallis is laughable. If you dont want a certain player, by all means, but to pretend that these prominent prospects are not instant top 10 players on our list is crazy!

5 Likes

I just have a feeling Wingard’s going to the Hawks.
Im not over investing in him untill he declares he wants to come to Essendon in trade week.

Lol. Isn’t that Facebook page a poorly disguised St Kilda Fan Club?

6 Likes

you mean a box of powdered eggs in an aldi bag yeah

2 Likes

Interesting that Sydney deny there is cap pressure and 2 players want to “return to Melbourne”. Didn’t someone in another thread say that clubs lie all the time?

Why don’t they just say it. They have to let some players go, because they have to keep their player payments under control and/or they cannot pay those players what they are worth?

That is the perfectly understandable reality of managing a clubs list.

Its also a warning to clubs that might pay overs for big name players.

wingward strikes me as a whiney little ■■■■■ on the field. i’m not sure i’m ready to embrace that.

1 Like

it will intensify pressure on Franklin exponentially if it becomes obvious that he is the reason for heart and soul players like hannebury leaving

1 Like

Nah man get invested now it’s more fun but… You’re also meant to get invested in the kids who may be around at our selection so basically we’re hedging our bets.

Well, buddy is on a heavily back ended deal. The swans will say the Tippett retirement frees up cap space but the mail is his last deal was significantly less than the original deal used to usher him through the PSD after leaving Adelaide

2 Likes

Swans are freeing up cap space to have a crack at a gun. They have something up their sleeve IMO

1 Like

Hanneberry is leaving becuase of the $$$$ Syndey are almost pushing him out the door offering poor contract, similar to Mitchell…but also they are sick of his partying i think.
Although Crawford said Hanners does extra recovery sessions.

no doubt. there are some big players with cash this trade period in swans and hawks