Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

No way Kelly is worth 2 picks if Gaff is worth one and Daw.

2 Likes

That would require West Coast matching Norfs offer if $1.2m a year though obviously

If anything we played most like the Collingwood teams of the era

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Has anyone even mentioned an interest for us in Neale? He’s not quite the top level of silky skills but he’s the all round mid we need.

1 Like

Isn’t he heading to GC?

Brisbane.

8 Likes

@Houli_Dooley @Houli_Dooli which ever one of you it was.

Analysing Ricky’s tweet :eyes:
He says we have secured in principle one maybe two players but still need to satisfy the club.
He says club(s) though because it might require a third party, suggesting the two players are from the same club.

Shiel and another GWS player i’d guess.

OR he’s completely full of ■■■■.

I want to believe.

1 Like

Or the Crouch brothers?

Was thinking 3 club mega deal?

1 Like

I was thinking Shiel and Setterfield tbh

6 Likes

I would argue that his tweet implies players from separate clubs. 1 player secured = satisfy club, add the (s) if they can reach agreement with player 2.

What are going to have to offer for those 2? 2 first rounders this year, plus some future first rounders?

1 Like

Only 2 players? I thought we had Shiel, Setterfield, Scully, Gaff, Parker, Wingard and May sewn up. Disappointed.

10 Likes

It’s hilarious that everybody is saying we have 1 in the bag and possibly a second but NFI who they are.

I think verybody is guessing based on Goddard being retired instead of playing on.

1 Like

Remember back a bit tho…

We had to put out a press release saying we weren’t after beams. How often does a club come out and do that?

Then a week or so later on the radio they openly spoke about Shiel, not saying the would go after him, but the openly spoke about him by name.

Or Jackets and the players management group are staying very tight lip about it until the season is done and dusted.

Well you could take it that either a) player(s) still involved in finals action and unfair to discuss or b) benefits us to wait until trade period as opposing club has less time to survey other options giving us upper hand in deal(s). Ultimately the player agents drive the conversation pre trade period as it drives up the contract value of their client if bidding war. The absence of discussion by agents over who we are pursuing would lead me to believe it’s someone involved in finals play and/or breaking a contract and want a specific destination

1 Like