Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Wonder if Dom Sheed might be gettable. He’s from WA, but in and out of the Eagles team a lot. 23 years old so right in our age bracket too.

Nah, he ruined himself, nothing to do with GC.

Wallis would love it at essendon. Will get a game every week.

Only one problem, he’s trash.

If he manages to stay on the park, then it’s a bit of a 50/50 now I reckon. His heart is in it. It gets awfully frustrating and depressing being continuously in rehab.

1 Like

Blitz last year “why aren’t we playing slow guy who can’t kick (Bird/Hocking”
Blitz this year “why aren’t we playing slow guy who can’t kick (D Clarke”
Blitz 2019 “why aren’t we playing slow guy who can’t kick [watch this space]”

Well Heppel has that role covered.

2 Likes

I’m not opposed to getting Wallis as a free agent. He is only 25 give him a couple of years in a new environment with spongy floors and see how he goes. At the end of the day, if he is depth only what have you lost? If we don’t land a big fish we can front load his contract for next year so he has SFA effect on 2020s cap. What have you lost really?

Cap space to get a player that actually improves the team

2 Likes

Laverde to FarkCarlton for pick 32.

(Laverde to FarKCarlton for Pick 22 has a nicer ring to it).

How can it be a surprise given we and the media have been talking about it for six weeks :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be surprised simply because the trades that are talked about at this time of year rarely happen.

1 Like

No.
Just because you don’t like the guy, there is no need for that sort of cruelty.

3 Likes

That was before today’s game.

On the plus side for him, he’ll never play VFL.

1 Like

A Bulldogs moderator at Bigfooty claims that Wallis is gone and will most likely end up at Essendon.

The thing with Wallis is we don’t need him to be a superstar will come and play a role will apply tackles and feed the ball out offers way more than Myers imo

1 Like

For some reason I thought Wallis was a bit of a ball magnet. Has only topped 30 possessions twice in his career.

We need better than that.

2 Likes

Wallis career Averages-
21 touches
5 tackles
1 goal
I would take that for the right price.

2 Likes

Just about to get his 2nd too. Good call by me. Haha.

Not their fault no one wanted to really go there.

Apart from that 1 shocking against North his last few weeks have been trending upwards imo