Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

This would be awesome. Unlikely but awesome. I would prefer this to Shiel alone.

Martin for pick 8-10 would be a steal, we’re not getting him for anything less than that.

Agree. He’ll cost a first round pick. Getting him for a second round pick won’t happen.

I think you’re right Gold Coast would want more than pick 8 but really I’ve never seen him win a game off his own boot or dominate a game.

It’s that sunken cost issue because he was a super high draft pick he holds that value. If he was pick 60 we would get him for pick 8. But there would be no way we would give up pick 8 because he was a pick 60.

Yep. This guy isn’t steak knives, he is the expensive set of silverware.

1 Like

He’s worth pick 8 on potential perhaps, but not on output thus far. He has some great moments but he doesn’t string enough of them together - though I reckon in a good environment and better team about him he might become a very dangerous player. I wouldn’t be giving pick 8 for him unless we get something else in return, and pretty sure Jackets won’t either - assuming it’s a legit story.

Reckon the Suns need players as much as picks - hard bodies, experienced heads. That might factor in.

3 Likes

Rated just as good as O’Meara the same year but he was a year younger… i won’t complain what we give up to get him, future will look even better…

1 Like

The Suns are totally screwed. They’re in a terminal vortex of being culturally ■■■■■, players wanting out coz they’re ■■■■■, being even more ■■■■■ coz everyone is leaving…

Close them down.

10 Likes

They might become the first team to target players who don’t want on field success

2 Likes

I’m not totally convinced that gold Coast are seeking just draft picks.

The O’meara debacle was centred around Hawthorn couldn’t convince their players to play for the Gold Coast. Cochrane was was off his nut about getting a player back.

The only likely scenarios of players getting there are Dea, Baguley, Long, Merrett & Leuenburger.

I’m wondering whether GC securing players may actually just work for them.

It may be the first time that the trade scenario where we package fringe players may work.

Dea
Colyer
Both get generous length contracts (3) and extend their careers. GC get AFL level performers.

This could potentially lower the draft pick cost. Perhaps where we give a future first but get a 2nd back or something.

Merrett- hmm don’t think
Long- prob wont
Berger-why would he go back to qld?
Bag-prob just retire
Dea- loves helping out failing clubs

Seeya Dea

Baguley gets a 2-3 year contract on big dollars, then can spend his spare time Surfing.

Why wouldn’t you?

Because he may have connections here through the club which will set him up beyond football??

1 Like

If West Coast win the flag it will hurt even more so then if the Pies do, we didn’t beat the pies all year so fair enough as much as i hate them…sorry just needed to get that off my chest

I think Dea and a pick will secure Martin if we genuinely want him,but he wouldnt be 1st ptiority.

Dea would have considerable gratitude for efc,and may come to the party.

But didnt the same guy say he was considering the police force?

Thats why we have invested in the wave pool and spongy floors #DestinationPoolClubFloor

General Mick Fanning with Corporal Baguley leading from the front at Tullamarine Wave Pool

As part of any potential deal we should offer colyer and a large portion of his wage. It is in our best interest to offload colyer and any GC would only be interested if he was on less coin than he is set to get next year.

Blame north and saints if don’t get any deals done, offering huge money for heaps of players making them feel their worth more.

1 Like

A couple or three years on $300k pays far better than the police force…probably safer too.

3 Likes