Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I dont see the point of trading in B grade players. We can develop plenty of our own. I’d rather go to the draft

2 Likes

I’m genuinely interested in your thoughts (or Sal’s) on why Setterfield should be such a target. Certainly two games doesn’t give any indication either way and performance in those is largely irrelevant. But injury prone junior who has also had first two seasons ruined by serious separate injury. I know guys at clubs that also rate him extremely highly and I get his upside.

I know you haven’t indicated what we would have to give up and I’m not against it altogether but I would be against parting with a first round in a strong draft for him and that’s what it will take. Adding Harts or Leuy would mean little I reckon even of they have remote interest in either.

Thoughts?? Guessing our first rounder and some players?

4 Likes

Yes that’s generally how success in team sports comes about.

Thoughts? I think Nixon is a moronic twit and his circular promotion/ridicule of certain other “accounts” is repetitively predictable at this time of year.

5 Likes

He is absolutely spot on. Shiel is definitely coming to Essendon. What number jersey do you think he should get?

Well that doesn’t actually indicate he’s coming to Essendon, just that we’re throwing everything at him and GWS.

I agree, but Christ you’ve become negative.
Who put the bat up your night dress

1 Like

Pick 8 + future 2nd n Hartley for Shiel?

Thats not too Shabby.

1 Like

@Revie has an answer for that one.

1 Like

wasn’t stringer getting 5 the whole time last year?

ANNOUNCE SOMETHING TO STOP THE PUNS

1 Like

Give us an ounce of good oil.

Pretty slick there.

Some of you guys are thicker than water

Ok. I suck at puns!

Pick 8 + future second round pick + Hartley

Shiel & Setterfield

4 Likes

The only thing I want to poach from Richmond is Caracella.

5 Likes

He’d be an eggcellent acquisition.

2 Likes

We’d need to give up a little more than that for both of them I’d think.

I’d prefer trade next year’s first and first round pick swaps this year for Setterfield and Scully.

In Bali, seated behind $1 million dollar man Tom Boyd and his mrs for dinner. Was wearing a wrist band with a hint of red and black.

Make of this what you will…

6 Likes