Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

Some would also argue worcestershire sauce. Depends on who you talk to.

Imagine 8700 posts about nothing!

2 Likes

Steaming at losing out to Carlton, absolutely steaming.

Im not ready yet to start saying i never wanted him etc. I expect he would have come fairly cheap and was the perfect type of player our list needed as a big bodied inside mid.

Shattered to lose out to the Blues. If we lose out to them for Shiel ill go appropriately loco.

■■■■ Carlton.

1 Like

I wonder if you can…

2 Likes

We need to get Shiel. He really puts us in the top 4 hunt if we land him. People can question whether he’s in the top 3-4 GWS mids if they like, but he’s the exact type of player we desperately need. Not too many in the AFL that can win their own footy and break away from congestion like he can. The recruiting last year was great, but we need to continue getting talent in the door, especially midfield.

15 Likes

We do, but only if the price is right.

Why did he have to say it that way? For all anyone knows he never considered us, or 16 other clubs. Just trying to have a shot at the Dons would be my guess.

1 Like

Not at all concerned we missed Setterfield, we’ve already got our share of potential young guns with injury concerns. Would love Shiel at the Hangar. Tomorrow maybe.

2 Likes

McClure saying the Shiel trade is still up in the air

• Essendon and Saints think he’ll choose Carlton.

• Carlton thinks Essendon is the biggest threat.

• Hawks think they have Shiel.

Expects Essendon to go harder now because there’s no way they’ll get Martin.

We can go hard but I doubt we will get him.

1 Like

Yep, it does look like that.

I’m out.

8 Likes

Shiel’s father supposedly visited Carlscum today…any sightings of the Shiel family at the Hangar??

2 Likes

GC need to grandstand because they can’t have any other contracted players look to leave

But if push comes to shove and he’s adamant in leaving never know how the final day or two of trade week might turn out

1 Like

This all somehow dodoros fault.

Sauce?

Anyone else that mentions that Setterfield’s an Essendon supporter need to be banned.

Entering the AFL system is like a horse being broken in, any allegiances to supporting clubs are over. Once a kid gets drafted, it’s done. It’s over. Once they are drafted, they are broken in.
Football is a f*cking job.
Why do you think people say that, “the supporters care more about the club than the players”? Because it’s true.

We need to stop with this nonsense.

7 Likes

Boomer saying that Carlton have a greater upside than Essendon. Knew I hated him for a reason.

5 Likes