Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

THE AGE:

In one of the most eagerly-awaited decisions since Chris Judd’s departure from West Coast, Shiel was genuinely torn as to who to select.

Each of the four clubs made signficant pitches for Shiel, including the Blues who flew him to Noosa to meet with list manager Stephen Silvagni and dual Brownlow medallist and club director Judd.

The Bombers were much more low key, however, The Age understands coach John Worsfold flew up to Sydney last week to see Shiel one-on-one.

Essendon’s financial offer to Shiel was signficantly lower than the other three clubs and he will be paid well under $1 million dollars next year.

GWS will now work with Essendon to agree on a trade that is almost certain to involve Essendon’s first round selection this year, which is currently pick nine.

33 Likes

Nuffies gone nuf

Untitled-1

5 Likes
26 Likes

All of your Player are Come to US!! :sunglasses:

Why the fark would we care what club two-spoons in four years thinks?

This is friggin’ unbelievable.

I was wrong

11 Likes

Connors coming TR on to discuss the Sheil trade in 25 mins.

Fark Yessssssss! I’m excited!

Never in doubt.

Some place in Melbourne, a smiling man buys yet another Jacket.

2 Likes

Lol at ■■■■ Carlton paying to send him to Noosa and still being told to ■■■■ off

4 Likes

Well that’s courageous of you to admit.

4 Likes

Now just a cotton pickin’ minute there!!!

This NEWBIE by the name of Shiel will have to earn his spot in our senior team!! For those who might have forgotten, we’ve already got this champion midfielder by the name of Devon Smith!! :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Now where’s @alex.f.94 the big bag of joy?

22 Likes

So when are we ANNOUNCING THE BONT!

2 Likes

Nice that Shiel picks us with the least $$ on offer.

Destination club.

14 Likes

Dylan Shiel vets added to the list of things that crashed blitz

Wow. Great news to log on to. Well done all involved.

More people need to use this spelling

(Altho Saladin likes to hand out the odd warning for it…)

1 Like

My pleasure!:wink:

1 Like