Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Either way people are talking up Scully like the Hawks are somehow getting special treatment.

The most obvious thing about this is nobody else is even after him. They said on Fox that he wanted to come to Essendon most. If the deal is so good we’d be keen on him. If the Hawks want to take a punt then good on them. It’s a massive risk.

Would rather trade our 2nd next year, sucks that I finally get to attend draft night this year and they aren’t only doing the first round and we are trading it away :frowning:

Shiel is every bit worth what we would give up though so I’d get over it haha

1 Like

Problem is, next year the 2-in-4-years restriction will kick in, and we’ll be unable to trade out a future pick even if we wanted to.

I think last year’s trades plus Shiel have meant that we’re out of the market for those guys anyway. We just won’t have the currency available.

2 Likes

Plenty of players they can let go at the end of next year to make room.

Agree, we can trade Shiel to them for 2 first round picks

1 Like

People say this every year.
I reckon it’ll be right in about another 5.

2 Likes

You can’t “cut his wage”! Are you serious? They’re dumping salary/risk.

Colyer and Myers would be on plenty after being re-signed when we were desperate to retain them. Wouldn’t surprise if $900k for both. And they will be out the door end of 2019

Myers has already apparently said won’t be looking to go past current contract.

3 Likes

I like your thinking. Maybe we could package up Smith, Stringer and Saad for pick 11, 30 and a 3rd rounder.

Ok. Just logged in for the day. Rather than read 400 posts… any updates?

It is, imagine the Hawks next year if scrimshaw is a busy, Scully doesn’t get on the park and Wingard slacks off. All have the ability to be busts or not live up to expectations.

They really need to keep moving AFL quality players at a huge rate to counter their aging players, only they don’t have sufficient currency to do so and are now canabalizing their future known like Burton for it.

2 Likes

We have to get our heads around the fact that some of our players may want to move on for various reasons and that we are becoming more and more like other codes around the globe. It will soon be the norm for players to chop and change clubs. Always chances a cashed up club throws a $1.4m plus at Joe or Zach next year for example

3 Likes

We are getting 2 meter Peter for a second rounder. It’s official.

You should call trade radio to discuss it.

9 Likes

It’s not b*llshit. Hawks know he’s in a bad way and were surprised how bad it was but have belief that they can eventually get him right.
Scully actually though he had better medical advise and treatment at Hawthorn in 4 hours than what he had all year at GWS.

Sure they can, Scully would have to agree, as long as it is incentive based (games played) and a big backend insurance payout if he can’t then it may be attractive to stay.

Unless we get in another first from somewhere. Other clubs will be targeting our guns now, no guarantees that any don’t bite

no updates, but stacks of posts exactly like yours making up the post count.

2 Likes

It’s ok, I have kidnapped their families. They are all safe…for now!

1 Like

On top of that our list is…kind of obscene.*
We’ll be forced to trade at least two very good players next year.

(*) Hi, Woosha, hi.

1 Like

And then tweet Sam McClure