Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Cheers. Saves a bit of reading.

Just a quick positive reminder to all, Paul Connors just about always gets his man to the club he nominates. He is powerful, and clubs do not want to get on the bad side of him. Good to know him and Jackets get along a lot better now.

1 Like

Damn. I didn’t arrive in SA till 97. Was Southwark ever any good because that stuff was totally undrinkable.

This is what scares me most. We need to really perform this year because the cashed up clubs are generally the cellar dwellers. We have to be able to sell the idea of flags over money. Shiel is a good start, we managed to convince him we’re on the right track and he knocked back a bucket of money.

Interested to see your working out on this?

For me, the couple of jobbers still left (Brown, Dea, Baguley) get pushed out after next year. Leuey will go. Maybe a talented-but-not-shown-it yet kid, too (Laverde) if they’re still in the same holding pattern.

2 Likes

This is the most flexible rule in the AFL.

1 Like

If Lobb gets done for pick 11 with a 2nd rounder coming back to Freo, makes a lot of sense that GWS would value that pick 34 (as opposed to future 2nd).

Lobb and 34 (or 25) for pick 11 makes sense for me. If GWS give up 25 they keep a pick in the 2nd round.

1 Like

The best we can do is keep a relatively healthy salary cap, create a tight-knit playing group, have the most professional football department, and upkeep the best facilities.

2 Likes

At the moment players seem really happy so the club culture must be good. If this continues and we have on-field success, players wont leave, even for more money.

1 Like

First with the news up here.

Immaculate sources.

As always.

4 Likes

Why are GC trading every player that wants out, yet won’t consider Martin?

2 Likes

Laverde, Langford, Guelfi, Parish, Redman, Mutch, Begley, Zerk-Thatcher, Clarke, Draper, Ridley.
Just quickly.

Because we’re hard to deal with.

1 Like

because Essendon

1 Like

I remember a booze-up at Uni in '72 or '73. CUB was on strike so we had to resort to Mildura Bitter and Southwark. Mildura tasted like nectar in comparison.

3 Likes

Bennell has to be on the bench, doesn’t he?

The old Southwark “Green Death” was a ripper

1 Like

great, so explain all the other dodgy garbage that they get away with

I am pretty sure Mutch was from Gol Gol, across the river from Mildura, about 300 ks south of Broken Hill.

1 Like

Shhh! The GWS List management team could very well be trolling this forum! Talk him down talk him down!! We’re fighting the media already in terms of them backing GWS’ inflated opinion of him, because as we know we’re just so hard to deal with.