Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Unless those trades are locked in too.

1 Like

Noā€¦itā€™s a combined specimen from Dimitriou and McLachlan. No oneā€™s game enough to lift the lid!!:flushed:

No it doesnā€™t.

There is nothing stopping further trades happening. And they probably are. Just arenā€™t being released.

Paperwork likely being lodged for each so every club knows where they stand as they move onto other trades.

conspiracy-theory-meme-300x300

Itā€™s not much of a stretch mate. The AFL have extended trade period and organised this whole live event for the end, would be cooked if all the trades were already done. Thereā€™s also a lot of media people saying the same thing.

1 Like

ANNOUNCE BOVRIL

3 Likes

So this deal wonā€™t be falling through, will it? Just the usual panic merchants saying so?

We
Are
F-CKED

2 Likes

Was never happening

Smokescreen for YOLMEN!

May thee be announced!

1 Like

Now watch them stuff it up by announcing a draft pick from a trade that they havenā€™t announced yet.

1 Like

Is Shiel confirmed?
If so is Scully involved in any way

16 Likes

I think people underestimate how good Scully is. If he gets his ankle right heā€™ll be the greatest bargain of all time. If we can afford him Iā€™d love to take the risk. Only just in the prime of his football life.

1 Like

Does anyone know if we are seriously into Martin or is the talk just part of the Blitz shopping list?

Made approaches, Martin was open to it without pushing the envelope, Gold Coast demanding a kings ransom.

1 Like

I think weā€™re into him but GC have closed the door on it.

1 Like

Rumours he needs more ankle surgery. If you pick him up and he doesnā€™t play next season heā€™ll be 29 early the following year and youā€™re picking up his salary until then. Could all be bullshit but it would explain why heā€™s going so cheap and also why no clubs are fighting over him.

I donā€™t think anybody doubts that heā€™s a star player.

1 Like

GC have a very clear trading strategy and approach;

If any club excluding Essendon, politely ask for pick in 3rd or 4th round, regardless of player.

If Essendon, demand two first round picks for all enquiries.

8 Likes

The speed at which trade week has progressed in the last couple of days has been PAINFUL.

3 Likes

As much as I agree with everyone that two first rounders is way overs for Martin, itā€™s worth remembering we got Saad out of GC for a 3rd rounder last year and they kicked up relatively minimal fuss about it.

5 Likes