Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

So Scully for around pick 70. I hope he’s buggered or that’s the steal of the century.

It’s the suns fourth round pick they traded.

If Suns finish bottom 4, that’s roughly pick 70 before any compensation picks come into play.

Man that’s some ■■■■■■■ bullshit!

1 Like

So Scrimshaw and Scully for next year’s 3rd rounder. Mmm…

1 Like

He didn’t, it was a future 2nd round pick.

This is the same club that demanded Hurley when we offered pick 19 and Hooker for Caddy.

2 Likes

Pretty sure if we were serious about Scully we would have bettered that.

2 Likes

So Hawthorn have effectively traded their 3rd round pick next year for a former pick 1 in Scully and pick 7 from 2 years ago in Scrimshaw.

Something doesn’t smell right about this. If Scully is playing Round 1 next year it will be even more of a stench. They should be banned from a couple of trade periods and drafts.

1 Like

So who do we talk about now?

Sutcliffe?
Selwood?
Simpkin?
Short?
Sinclair?
Sheed?
Smith?

3 Likes

More to do with his wage than anything. Pick was completely meaningless.

2 Likes

Good grief.

1 Like

I feel like Hawks got a good deal. I mean pick 84 could be anything, but Scully has shown some promise as well.

5 Likes

His wage is SFA

Clearly we could have taken him in a package with Shiel for 2 first round picks, but did not want to.
Scully must be so high risk. GWS letting Hawthorn pay Scully for the privilege of putting a fork in him.

Yep, which is why “they kicked up relatively minimal fuss” because it was about right. In fact given we probably under-performed they get a pick a few places earlier than they probably thought at the time.

Fark the Hawks.

Hope Scrimshaw is a bust

Scully never plays another game

And Wingard drives a wedge between club and Burtons close team mates and they leave.

And then Wingard decides he’s had enough of footy and comes to play for our Esports team

12 Likes

I can’t believe how ■■■■■■ up so many of these trades have been. Competition is a joke.

4 Likes

CONSPIRACY

If he is fit to play by round 1 questions need to be asked but if his knee really is stuffed then it’s probably fair enough.

Disco obviously deciding to go all out again next year

1 Like

Scully must be so high risk considering that deal… but…

You wouldn’t want him outperforming Shiel over the coming years. A few potential red faces.