Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Click bait!

1 Like

Fancy having Lattes with Gill, imagine that?

1 Like

Vickery
Scully
Scrimshaw

It seems the Hawks have replaced Fark Carlton as the place for salary dumps.

1 Like

Omeara missed most of last year and their semi final this year with knee trouble. If you think that’s not an ongoing issue you’re kidding yourself.

2 Likes

That would get you close enough to deliver a good swift kick in the balls. :thinking:

1 Like

Hawks must have run out of anaesthetic jabs.

2 Likes

The only teams who have full medical reports on his ankle are Hawthorn and GWS. I can’t believe any other team, or journalist, is in a better position than those teams to determine just how damaged he is. It doesn’t seem to me any other team even got a chance to flinch.

1 Like

Even with doubt over the ankle… 4th round is a steal. I just don’t get WHY other teams would continue to give Hawks gifts like this…

Even if Scully never plays a game… it is still ‘break even’ with what a 4th round pick might do…

And I think Scully still have several good years left, and is one of those blokes that could play well into his 30’s.

■■■■■■ joke.

14 Likes

There were rumours Scully wanted to play at Essendon . We already did a John West on him, if thats the case.

1 Like

If it works then they have gotten away with absolute highway robbery that makes the entire
trade period look like an absolute joke. Personally I would like some form of independent medical assessment to confirm how cooked Scully’s knee is. This would allow us to understand just how good the Hawthorn medical is or isn’t.

Wow, something definitely smells with the Scully to haw! Basically paid zero for him… nothing lost even if he doesn’t play a game.
I am so cynical about the afl - I see corruption at every level.

14 Likes

From what’s being reported, other clubs were keen to go after Scully but were told it would only be the Hawks.

Maybe Scully could be another Jono O’Rourke?

1 Like

yes it smells

Meh.

Just give me Dylan.

I think Scully going for peanuts increase our leverage on Shiels worth.

Although I do wonder if removing Scullys 500k gives them enough wiggle room to hold onto Shiel for one more year.

1 Like

You too hey.

2 Likes

I[quote=“kingofthehill, post:5230, topic:14254”]
twitter.com

AFL Trade (AFLTrade)

Shiel will get to Essendon, but Silvagni is still in talks with GWS over the possibility of a deal with Essendon falling through. #AFLTRADE

6:13 AM - 16 Oct 2018 10 1
[/quote]

Maybe Silvagni is going to give us the pick we need to get the trade done. Just like they did for the Hawks to get O’meara?

Oh and maybe He’ll admit to never touching the ball in the 93 GF.

14 Likes

Cost Salary cap. That was the only risk.

Trade radio reporting that it’s a 4 year deal for Scully. Just how bad is his ankle? :thinking:

3 Likes

They’re filming: “Dylan Shiel, welcome to Essendon, the musical”

3 Likes