Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

Imagine 18700…

They selected 2 x 1sts in 2015 so that would take their quota for the 4yr period to 2 as required.

I’m not sure they can trade the 2019 pick as that would make a 4yr period from 2016 with zero 1sts.

1 Like

Lol. Dodoro got lucky last year.

1 Like

Yes but next year is not included in that 4 year window.

No.

1 Like

The real answer is that everyone can trade their future first round picks this year. Hawthorn took two first round picks in 2015 (Burton and Lovell), meaning they’ve taken 2 picks in the last 4 years, meaning this year they have no restrictions on their trading.

Please consider:

l believe so, as well. Hangar bound.

1 Like

Agree, if they’re not going to make a real difference then don’t bring em in.

I would love a surprise Wingard trade. Please.

1 Like

Didn’t Hawks break the rules with the picks they gave up, for Jaeger O’Smeara?

Problem here is they haven’t given you access to the original document. Here’s the original, in full jpeg:

6 Likes

Yes but they can’t trade next years if they trade this years. That would make 4 years with 4 traded first rounders.

BUST THE GATES!

1 Like

Where is Donnington when you need him huh

2 Likes

The technicality will be this

It’s unknown if Hawks will trade out players in order to get first rounders next year to meet the requirements.

So ultimately the AFL will probably only place the restrictions on them next year if they don’t and let them trade it this year regardless.

He also said “on our day we’re just as good as them”, referring to Melbourne on the eve of the 2000 Grand Final. Still possibly the dumbest football comment of all time…

2 Likes

I personally want know know what cereberu…oh i mean Brasha thinks

4 Likes

We upped our offer on the weekend.

Carlton then upped their offer today, to counter.

a bidding war?

12 Likes

I can’t imagine them being allowed to do it.