Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

tenor-1

“Foxfooty.com.au senior reporter Tom Morris said there was ongoing “noise” regarding Scully’s future, with the running midfielder linked to Essendon and Hawthorn.”

‘noise’ = Blitz.

9 Likes

Geelong have lodged papers for luke dahlhaus, thank ■■■■!

11 Likes

Yep, would not disagree with you there. I’m just saying that 28 isn’t all THAT old either. If his leg is fine, I don’t see why he couldn’t play for another 4 years at least (which will take us to the end of Hooker / Hurley era).

1 Like

A broken leg is waaaay better than and ACL. Once healed they’re back to full strength.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Trade Targets - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!:

Never in doubt.

2 Likes

Im feeling the best we can hope for is Martin/Scully and Setterfield.

With a very cheap Tyson as a possibility.

Debatable. Depends upon the break. Some broken legs can never be fully recovered from.

I can think of several cases. Nathan Brown was never as good after his break.

The best we can hope for?? I’d take Setterfield and Martin over Shiel.

What you mentioned above would be insane!

5 Likes

Who was the drongo who swore he was coming to us? Did he bet his Blitz account on it?

11 Likes

Haha, oh ■■■■ he did too!

There’s always exceptions yes. But i think if a player had to choose they’d go the break over the knee.

1 Like

While I would be a little nervous I would prefer S and M rather than the D as well…

4 Likes

#me too

1 Like

Jamie Lawson for Sydney was a shocker.

No need to tread lightly until someone refers to you as “Padawan”

Geelong guy…Daniel (?) Snell

1 Like

And I also bet his account on Dollhouse not coming to EFC.
So in fairness - he should get perma-banned.

Assuming both are fit and both were fighting for the last spot in our midfield, who would be get first crack Setterfield or Parish?

Lightest player in the AFL era. Played at around 62kgs. He wasn’t bad either but that injury was horrible. Never played again.

1 Like