Trade scenarios to land Stringer, post Saad and Smith?

I think this is realistic:

• picks 11 & 28 for Brisbane’s picks 19 and 20 (good deal for Brisbane in terms of points)
  • picks 19 & 46 (equivalent to around pick 12 in points) for Stringer
  • pick 20 for Smith & GWS late pick
  • 2018 second rounder & GWS late pick for Saad
5 Likes

Brisbane will have 18 & 19 won’t they? Not 19 & 20.

Plus we’ll end up with 29, not the 28 we have currently

Seems good when you correct the picks though. Would be pleased withthat outcome

Yeah it’ll still be a fair deal for Brisbane in terms of points (our picks being worth 49 points more)

Have they got any good academy kids?

Am not sure

Apparently SEN is saying we have offered the Dogs 11 + 29 + 2018 2nd for Stringer and 2018 1st
Would give us 2 first rounders next year and perhaps we can turn one of those into Saad and Smith as I think both GWS and GC would prefer next years first
Would allow us to keep our next years first

10 Likes

Hypothetical - Do you offer up our 2018 first or Dogs 2018 first?

couldn’t imagine Dogs would part with next year’s first.

2 Likes

Surely the Dogs don’t do that. Their 2018 first could be pick 10.

So we give 11, 29, and say 29* in 2018 for Stringer and 10* in 2018.

The Dogs have Scott West’s son coming through and he is rated 10-15 so they are going to burn their first pick on him anyway so down trading won’t hurt them

offer ours

If I’m not mistaken they have a KPF who is pretty well rated. Apparently made it easier for them to go through with Schache being offered up as well

Agree

Pick 11 and 45 for Stringer and 2018 2nd Rounder?

2 Likes

Or 2018 1st Round + 45 for Stringer and 2018 2nd rounder

Sit back, let pick 11 do its work

So far we have both GWS and GC making offers of a player and a high second round pick.

Others apparantly are joining the auction. Why cut it off early?

Geelong haven’t done their ablett deal yet (can our pick 28 traded to GC be the downgrade from 20 that gets the deal done? Could we then get 19 and 20? 11 and 28 for Saad 19 and 20) are there players talking to GC about a contract should they be traded? This is why it takes 10 days, multiple options in the air GC possibly talking to players behind the scenes.

1 Like

I can tell you their answer. F*** O**. Their 2018 pick would be more important to them than our pick 11 this year I would think.

It would be better for them to just accept our 29 and our 2018 2nd. Forget 11 and their 2018 1st - if we finish in the same spot thats equal to pick 11. Not that points are as important to the Dogs.
Then do the 11 pick for Saad and return pick for Smith

Wells just said they’re saving pick 20 for something special. Stringer might have been that but it was made clear to us that the Dogs wouldn’t accept that.

I really like this offer. It values Stringer at pick 12 if ESS come 7th and WBD come 8th, at pick 14-15 if ESS come 7th and WBD come 10th, and at pick 15-16 if ESS come 5th and WBD come 10th

And you say this because…