Trade scenarios to land Stringer, post Saad and Smith?

He’s worth what the market is prepared to pay. Simple.

Is this the longest post you have ever made?

3 Likes

He did a list analysis once last year i think.

Isn’t that the point? There is precedence for turning a bunch of forwards into an elite midfield. Which we want to do now.

2 Likes

Love the fact that all Clarko got out of the trip was a better deal for us and some jetlag.

1 Like

When it comes to String and Smith, you’d actually more say we’re playing mids that have been used as fwds as mids.

1 Like

Thanks Meerkat.

The market in this case is one. So not really a market which was my point

Losing Carlisle sucked balls, but that was awesome as was the video of Carlisle that came out literally 5 minutes after the trade was agreed to. Too farking funny.

Have you made this post to highlight that this could happen to us re Stringer?

If so, the difference is, reading between the lines, is that no other club wants to part with a 1st Rd or offer the contract we are offering. Plus the media momentum is with us whereas with Carlol we were the carnts that injected him with unknown drugs that will make his babies deformed.

I reckon we will get Stringer for 24, Saad for 29 and we will have 3 top 36 picks in next years draft

1 Like

Think you’ll find there may have been more than a bit of assistance with that Saints trade than catches the eye.

We were stuck a little bit and a friendly Hawks network assisted in pushing that trade along.

Carlisle also played a part in making sure we didn’t get screwed over, had the option put to him to take it to the gutter a la Judas.

8 Likes

This is why I still like Jake as a player and still enjoy it when he does well. From reports at the time, he wasnt in the inner circle of team mates and he could have taken a more Ryder-like approach to his departure, but he didn’t. I actually thought at the time that the way he did it had some class.

11 Likes

Difference here is that we are going in with our eyes open. Stringer has more baggage than publicly known - otherwise other clubs would be circling. A good reason not to pay overs.

1 Like

Other difference is Hawthorn have sweet fark all to offer.

I’d almost want them to trade next year’s first for him. Could end up being a top 5 pick in a super draft.

With the Motlop compo pick, could we possibly setup a trade between GCS, GEE and ourselves?

GC:
Out: Saad and Ablett
In: 2 x 2018 2nd Rounder

Gee:
Out: 19 and 2018 2nd Rounder
In: Ablett, 25 and 30

Ess:
Out: 25, 30, 2018 2nd Rounder
In: Saad and 19

• We then send 19 to dogs.
  • GCS consolidate all of the 2nd round picks they currently have for 2017 and move into 2018?
  • Geelong pick up Ablett and keep their pick 20 but move back slightly their (amazing) compo pick to 30. Their 2018 2nd rounder would be circa 30 anyway

I think so…@sj_2150 and I were proposing similar earlier on the thread, and this was my effort at the time:

Why are we giving up all 4 second rounders just to attain a 4 pick upgrade for the Dogs?

The proposed deals indicated by Fog are seeing us give 24&29 to Dogs for Stringer and getting a later pick back

And also giving one 2018 2nd for Saad and also getting a later pick back.

Thus still holding one of our 2018 2nds (which we need for Mason fletcher).

If anything and we choose to help facilitate the Ablett deal for GC then we should be doing so to come out better off.

2 Likes

Understood…that post was from a day or two ago…I appreciate that there will be pick swaps to balance everything…that’s why I just hastily tacked on the ‘36?’ back from GC (which is almost a second rounder back)… I was more concerned with showing how far we could get back up the draft, that GEEL’s pick might be the limit, in terms of pleasing WB.

I think the important points in my mind are:

• Get 19-20 to give to the Dogs, to seal the package deal with them, and to ensure GEEL don’t rekindle their interest.
  • Sure, push the envelope, and get back as many later picks from WB and GC as possible, who both apparently have more picks in this draft than they need.

While I honestly don’t think Geelong are in the market for Stringer, Ess and Gee are both dealing with GC.

Nice Ablett, you’ve got there.
Be a shame if he suddenly became more expensive.

That’s pretty much it.

Yeah im not for giving up both future 2nds. My idea for the saad trade was

Out to Gold Coast:
24, 29, 2018 second rounder
In to Bombers:
Saad, 20, 23

That way, It will appeal to Suns as they have too many picks in this years draft. they bank some value into 2018 We get Saad and we strengthen our hand for Stringer.

2 Likes