Trade Talk 2019 Pt2

I want Jack martin if he wants us, but also want some kids in the draft to get excited about.

Id be happy to trade next years first rounder for picks this year.

1 Like

Safe by foot? Knows his limitations?

Overall I think you’ve summed Langdon up well, except for his foot skills.

He is apparently working hard at it, but overall he is below average by foot for a wing and can seriously have games where he plays as a 23rd for the opposition.

On the plus side, unlike Brandon Ellis, when he has his ball butcher mode set to off, he can be a very damaging player for his side as well.

1 Like

Of the 48 players selected for the game AFL under17s, 17 are tied to AFL clubs around the competition as either potential father-sons, Next Generation Academy picks or northern Academy products.
Next years draft will be compromised so should try and offload 2020 first rd pick

I’d imagine like many elite sporting pathways, politics benefits those with strong connections to the established powers.

Goes at 70% DE, Reckon that’s around the average for wingers, Gaff, Phillips, Zaharakis, I.Smith, Polec are similar.

True, his overall disposal efficiency for the season is 70%, but his kicking efficiency is only 60%. Which is the 2nd lowest of all the players you’ve mentioned there with only Tom Phillips being lower at 55%, but even Phillips has a better career kicking efficiency than Langdon.

2 Likes

Can we zacha for a ruck

And improve our movement fwd of the ball. We either have statues in the fwd line. Or they are not there at all.

Stats like kicking effeciency in our team is hard to get a good read on. It’s very hard to kick effectively when there is no one there, or no one is presenting in space.

Also 2 of them are our Academy kids :slight_smile:

I’d have him and play him on a wing, very good player.

so were taking 6 picks…
29, 31, 47, 60, 65, 83

1 Like

There’s still the trade period, FA window, rookie elevations and draft-night trading of picks to play out before we know which picks we will have.

3 Likes

Old mate McGowan writes a story on who is up for trade at each club…and goes for JD from Essendon. Seriously low bar for the media in this Country.

1 Like

At least it means he’s given up on his Raz to SA narrative.

i know lots to play out.

maybe some are for rookie elevation ie draper? but point more that some other clubs only had 3 draft picks.

That’s only because it went out to round five. Every club gets assigned as many picks as they need to fill their list.

1 Like

Old mate MacGowan is a buddy of Manure. Takes a grub to know one I guess…

Anyhow, he’s spent 2019 successfully getting onto my sh itlist. It’s a long list and the bus is pretty full so he’s done well. ■■■■…

I first read this as “the Buddy of manure” as in he’s the Lance Franklin of being a pile of ■■■■.

1 Like

He wants guaranteed game time, which we will offer.