Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

The zero is buffering.

3 Likes

I said last year around this time that smith would be our best recruit and a cut above. Proved correct.

Ill stand by my comments mayo and all.

We sometimes put the red and black glasses on and have ‘made do’ with some pretty average midfielders.

Shiel is the real deal and would happily put money on him finishing top 3, barring injury, in crichton next season.

Thinking I need one of these.

March 2019 is forever away!

I hope they both go ■■■■, ■■■■ them

I’m not disputing this. Merely pointing out that he has some areas of his game where he can improve. It is in reality a good thing, he can get better than he has been at the Giants. Hitting the scoreboard in particular.

1 Like

I reckon they will take both King brothers

Teams with earlier picks than Port and Adelaide will be doing their level best to convince them that they will take Lukosias and Rankine. You can smell the desperation from both SA clubs here in Sydney. It’s a faint scent of pie floater, shiraz, sweat and adrenaline

6 Likes

Hasn’t one of them got an ACL and will miss most of the year?
Lukosius and Rankine/Rozee are best 22 from round 1 and with them taking Burgess as a mature ager it just adds weight IMO as Burgess is Rankine’s best mate. Lukosius and Rankine very close aswell and with a coaching panel full of SA blokes it just seems like they are trying to build a close knit group up there

3 Likes

They gained one of the best young(ish) key forwards in the game, didn’t pay a cent in trade currency and moved on a few non-best 22 players (but kept together their core group that took them to a flag and then prelim). A+ for mine.

4 Likes

If Gold Coast play their cards right they could maximize their hand in this draft by trading pick 3 to one of the SA clubs and then trumping that deal with pick 2 to the other. Could conceivably end up with 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, 16, 18

Great hand in a strong draft

FC and Aints have earmarked mids so they could easily end up with both King boys plus five gun smalls

3 Likes

Possibly

I thought the King ACL was more May/June timeframe but could be wrong

Edit: would be ■■■■■■ funny though. Port and Adelaide have done so much work to get up the board in this draft… to miss out on all three SA boys would be a ■■■■■■

It makes sense to target SA blokes. Just build yourself up as the 3rd SA club. Adelaide isn’t as nice as Melbourne or Perth. It’s not a terrible flight home. Focus on structuring your club around ensuring the SA boys don’t get homesick. Hell, you could do half a pre-season down there if you wanted to.

A lot like the Melbourne Storm ended up with a core of QLDers.

3 Likes

Chill out, FFS.

3 Likes

I think they also had a really great hand in the draft we took mcgrath in, lost scrimshaw already which is disappointing but if they pulled off what you suggested that would be a dream for them. Starting all over again and if they dont nail it this time as good as dead as a football club in 5 years time.
I actually think with gold coast they shouldn;t have a spending cap on their coaches etc. like all the other clubs have. Cherry pick the best from each club around the country to work up there and they should be strong in no time.

Ooohhhhh, Freezer Burn.

How’s this place going to cope with traffic if we make a grand final?

1 Like

Having just been to Adelaide for the first time in years and going to Perth 3-4 times a year to visit my folks, I’d say Adelaide is easily on par with Perth. The bars on Peel st and around East End Cellars are fantastic. The Stadium is amazing too, better IMO than the new WA one.

1 Like

Adelaide for all its knocks is a fantastic place to live. No way could be spend 12-14 weeks a year travelling around the world if we had to live in Sydney or Melbourne.

3 Likes

who cares, we’ll all be there.

3 Likes

Just watched the Shiel highlights

Welcome to Bomberland you beauty you star

1 Like