Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

He’ll be 32 at the start of next season. Would be a waste of time.

And that’s a lot older in “scum years”.

1 Like

Why would we?

10 Likes

This is so funny, because Carlton have systematically given away so many forwards over the years.

Anyway, I’m sure Baguley would appreciate another few years in the system, and Carlton could use … well they need everything.

We can just swap 2021 first round picks.

1 Like

Stants should try to convince Myers to be an onfield midfield coach at the Blues for a year…he could teach all their kids how to structure up right…but the $$$$$ would probably have to be pretty substantial to convince Myers to bear it.

nah. i think we should keep Myers to train up our guys. He’s obviously someone special the way everyone at the club loves him

3 Likes

Weve landed so many trades, i dont even care if we land him or not. But i would love to see the hilarious meltdowns from rival supporters if we got him…

I would be trying to get Dawson from Sydney. Looks the goods. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.

I’d also look again at Jamie Elliott. The forward line is not going to be big enough for WHE, Stephenson, DeGoey et al. Is an UFA and would be cheap. Obviously a risk with injury history but is a damn good player if we can get him right.

3 Likes

Elliot’s aerial ability would complement our other smalls, big question marks over him and how much longer his career has considering the type of injuries he has had. Did barrack for Essendon as a kid though.

1 Like

Thoughts?

1 Like

I got to the bit where it said we were interested in Goldstein and had to stop to throw up violently, so I didn’t finish the article.

6 Likes

Will Brodie and Peter Wright from Gold Coast are the players I would be looking at.

Wright signed a three year deal a few weeks back, so I’d look at someone else.

No way we go after a 30 year old.

I’d hope not but I can imagine we finish the season well, maybe with a close win over collingwood who are resting a bunch of players, outside the 8 on percentage. Suddenly we get the old “Bellchambers is getting on, Clarke’s not up to it, Draper’s coming back from injury and what if Bellchambers was injured for a big final which we’ll definitely be playing next year for sure”. Next thing you know, photo of Woosh shaking big Todd’s hand.

5 Likes

Yuck.

We desperately need a ruckman to nurse Draper through. In my view, Bellcho is not the answer - I think he’s injured and struggles to give 100% every week.

And if Zac Clarke is the answer, I’d love to know what the question is.

I don’t think Goldstein would be a bad idea for a year or two. Whoever we bring in would need to know that Draper is our long-term first choice, so that has to be sold to them.

4 Likes

What would Darcy Cameron cost on the trade table? He’s only played a couple of games so it wouldn’t be much. I’d rather him than Goldy on his last legs and a way bigger salary. We’re going to have to draft another young ruck for the future anyway. We can’t rely on Draper alone.

1 Like

Considering Sydney picked up a ruckman in the MSD you’d think they didn’t think that highly of Cameron and he’ll likely be let go, either cheaply or delisted.

He surely would offer more than Zach Clarke

2 Likes