Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

I doubt if Connors would let one of his stable nominate a club if a deal wasn’t already partially sorted.

10 Likes

It will be picks and picks alone. Unless they want a fringe player.

1 Like

Connors indicated GWS needs picks moreso than players (unless cheap). Relating to salary cap issues no doubt.

Given they HAVE to release Shiel really to free up that cap pressure hopefully we can get away with say:

Pick 9, 32 & Hartley

When you consider they might get a late teens pick only as free agency compo next year it’s a good deal.

And leaves us with future picks to get something done with other players. Although we may trade a few out also.

2 Likes

It is why Stringer was never officially nominated last year, no one could agree on his worth. Conors always makes sure there is some sense of value from both sides before that is announced.

5 Likes

If they throw Scully in, we will give them both this years and next years first.

3 Likes

How are we gonna get Shiel, The Bont, Parker and Scully?

2 Likes

Yeah Campbell suggested they haven’t had any conversations yet but I’d suggest that at the very least Connors has already greased he wheels a bit. If we can do it and still keep 2019 1st rounder that’d be a great result and at least give us something to push for Martin.

3 Likes

Wayne Campbell
They can keep Dylan if a deal can’t be done

12 Likes

If they are as tight as has been rumored on the salary cap then they are going to have to deal a couple of better players.They asked him to look at his options and consider leaving and he has now found a club he wants to go to. This weakens their leverage in requesting too much. Will not be cheap but GWS can not afford to keep him and also if they do, he becomes a free agent next season who was treated as expendable by the club.

6 Likes

Wait till the last day of trading. They’ll panic knowing they have to offload his contract.

Might have to pass on Scully.

2 Likes

If they’re really that tight on cap, they may accept a lesser offer in terms of picks if we are also willing to take a steak knives player (and his contract) off their hands.

19 Likes

Cameron haha

1 Like

We’ll take Kelly off the hands.

2 Likes

We have great trading history with GWS

Will go smoothly

Now I want Wingard even more. Shiel and Wingard and we are a contender

5 Likes

Can someone put this in the trades thread. I’m getting tired changing from one to another. I don’t want anything to do with the hangar until the season starts

1 Like

Dodoro during trade period
jdmkXC

8 Likes

Does he have to change his dogs name to Lloydy now?

No thanks list spots are tight, let Carlton take the steak Knives, they would be better than their bottom end anyway.

1 Like

How long was blitz down for?

Farkkkkk we did it

7 Likes