Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Can’t believe Hawks are offering Burton. Surely there’s something wrong with him medically. Maybe they’re doing a Mark Williams to port?

1 Like

Except he is a loose cannon who they cannot control. Great player, but keep him away from our group thanks.

2 Likes

They would be mad to trade Burton unless he wants to go.

1 Like

Anyone have any idea if talks have begun with Essendon and GWS re Sheil?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have done the deal but are being told to hold it for prime time on the last day.

Wad Chingard

2 Likes

No stupid Tatts I think
He’s Essendon

He is white boy wasted but it takes all sorts. Would back leadership group on that one.

And a banjo

same here…but ■■■■ it ■■■■■ me that the AFL control ■■■■ like this.

If we’ve agreed to wait, then surely this means we don’t have any other plans for any other trades

1 Like

Hawthorn don’t have much currency so Burton makes sense… is he a SA boy as well?

yes

Burtons second season wasn’t a patch on his first. The jury is still out as to how good he actually is.

2 Likes

If the Hawks use Burton watch them make a play for Scully as well. They have the cash.

I don’t rate Burton that highly

Yep he definitely was fairly average this year

Has anyone actually reported about the Libba rumour is it just Blitz being Blitz? We only have until tomorrow to place an offer for him as a free agent.

Just the usual twitter rumours from supposed “inside sources” - nothing being legimately reported.

Highly doubt that. Essendon would surely be keen to get it done early, partially to allow us to pursue any other interests but also to help erase our outdated rep as being hard to deal with.

1 Like

Read this on Facebook so good chance it’s false but apparantly Burton told the Hawks he’s going back to S.A. once his contract expired (end of 2019).

So looks like Hawks trying to ship him off now instead.