Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Western Bulldogs supporters.

Can we stop having a go at players smoking darts. Paul Van Der Haar is one of the reasons I started barracking for Essendon.

17 Likes

Not about morals. Its about keeping the footy team focussed. Look at the dogs. They are complete rabble right now.

The loosest AFL player ever? From his bizarre grand final speech to a VERY strange haircut during a game ā€“ how Western Bulldogs star Tom Liberatore is spending his off-season

• Western Bulldogs star Tom Liberatore is enjoying his summer break

• He was pictured getting a strange haircut at a football match in Vietnam

• It follows a bizarre post-match interview at the AFL Grand Final

23 shares

[

Tom Liberatore has always been a colourful character on and off the field, but the AFL star has taken it to a new level as a premiership winner.

It began within minutes of the final siren that saw the Western Bulldogs win their first flag in 52 years when he gave a very impromptu interview to a fan in the crowd.

Sporting his trademark scraggly facial hair and his premiership medal around his neck, Liberatore jokingly pretended heā€™d been playing cricket not football.

Tom Liberatore has always been a colourful character on and off the field, but the AFL star has taken it to a new level as a premiership winner

+8

Tom Liberatore has always been a colourful character on and off the field, but the AFL star has taken it to a new level as a premiership winner

+8

+8

Sporting his trademark scraggly facial hair and his premiership medal around his neck, Liberatore jokingly pretended heā€™d been playing cricket not football

ā€˜Itā€™s always good to win the Ashes test match. I made a hundred!ā€™ he said, before slinging his medal lanyard over his ear for no apparent reason.

He was then asked who he faced and replied ā€˜ah f***ing Colin Miller, bang!ā€™ as he mimed belting the ball over the boundary.

Less than two weeks later, the 24-year-old was snapped sitting on the bench of an amateur football match in Vietnam getting a very strange haircut.

+8

Less than two weeks later, the 24-year-old was snapped sitting on the bench of an amateur football match in Vietnam getting a very strange haircut

+8

The result would rival any Mad Monday prank or rookie initiation: An almost completely bald top of his head with badly trimmed back and sides and his curly fringe left untouched

Liberatore, with his boots and uniform on, had wrapped a towel around his neck and chest while a shirtless young man styled his hair with a pair of scissors.

The result would rival any Mad Monday prank or rookie initiation: An almost completely bald top of his head with badly trimmed back and sides and his curly fringe left untouched.

He didnā€™t seem to worried about the odd look as he was pictured sipping a beer with other players at a post-match session, still in his jersey.

+8

Liberatore and fellow Bulldog Luke Dahlhaus were listed as emergencies for the Vietnam Swans in an AFL Asia league game against the Thailand Tigers but didnā€™t need to play

![He was earlier snapped sinking another beverage with a few opposition players, giving a thumbs up with a pair of sunglasses hanging crookedly from his nose|634x473]

He was earlier snapped sinking another beverage with a few opposition players, giving a thumbs up with a pair of sunglasses hanging crookedly from his nose

Liberatore and fellow Bulldog Luke Dahlhaus were listed as emergencies for the Vietnam Swans in an AFL Asia league game against the Thailand Tigers but didnā€™t need to play.

He was earlier snapped sinking another beverage with a few opposition players, giving a thumbs up with a pair of sunglasses hanging crookedly from his nose.

With another 159 day to go until round one of the 2017 AFL season, the leagueā€™s loosest player has plenty of time for more entertaining antics.

The loosest AFL player ever? From his bizarre grand final speech to a VERY strange hair during a game ā€“ how Western Bulldogs star Tom Liberatore is spending his summer

1 Like

i want Libba for that haircutā€¦loose mad dog he is

2 Likes

So much naysay about Libba being some drug-farked tossar.

Iā€™m likely to get flamed hereā€¦But honestly, how the hell does every 2nd poster on here know something about him? Iā€™d say thereā€™s probably zero people here who actually know him.

Itā€™s pretty hard to shrug a bad reputation so whoā€™s to say that all these whispers about his character havenā€™t just snowballed from reasonably harmless incidents? It might be a shock to some of you 35+ year old people, but its pretty normal and accessible for young people these days to get and try all kinds of drugs in Australia. Of course you have select individuals who have very addictive personalitiesā€¦theyā€™re the concerning ones. But then you have a vast majority who have successful careers, their own family and are largely good and motivated peopleā€¦itā€™s pretty normal. These sport stars really do get compensated well financially for their talents but I seriously donā€™t envy the scrutiny theyā€™re constantly under these days. Its gone up another level in the last 10 years IMO.

Again I just like to say I donā€™t have any inside knowledge and Iā€™m simply speculating and playing devils advocate. Thereā€™s so much BS in the media and thereā€™s so much BS rumours that get spread on here and in real life so itā€™s hard to know what to believe.

7 Likes

How could you not want him!

8 Likes

magnificent!!!

If Burton isnā€™t happy going to port we should jump in and offer next years first for him. Gun player who would add to the team.

1 Like

Haha, I played against him that day. In the space of about a minute he had a cheeky vom and kicked a goal on his left from 60 meters. Animal. Want.

8 Likes

C[quote=ā€œHoffy, post:1909, topic:14254, full:trueā€]

[/quote]

I donā€™t know Burton and am going to put club rivalries aside (only for a moment :slightly_smiling_face:) itā€™s not good to read that he is shattered.

Sometimes I think we forget these guys are people and not just pawns to be discarded as they please.

4 Likes

Alot of uppity yapping going on in here tonight RE: Libba. If there is genuine interest, Stringer will be consulted without a doubt, he knows him alot better than any of us.

Sorry ā€¦ if Burton signed a 3yr contract and he can just say no Iā€™m staying.

Pretty farked situation though if he loves the club and his mates and the coach/football department trying to turf him against his wishes for that show pony.

3 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā–  mate. You seen how cooked stringer is?

No he doesnā€™t, Blitz knows all.

Iā€™d take Burton was a huge fan of drafting him

1 Like

And that one year is probably charity because of his surname.

Iā€™ve heard some terrifying things about him.

I wouldnā€™t grab him if we gained a list spot

3 Likes

Has a very nice Nonna, so itā€™s a yes for me on Libba

3 Likes

Wonā€™t be getting Libba.

45 Likes

Jake you can do a lot of damage in 4 weeks stringer.

3 Likes