Trade Talk

That's all well and good, but how will we get both?

Say we use a 3rd rounder on Gartlett, swans won't take a 4th rounder for Membrey.

And will we be able to get either of them for say Jetta or Hardingham? Surely not.

Hypothetically.. If Saints offered us pick 1 for Hooker, reckon we would take it?
I realise Hooker wants to stay and we would never do it anyway...but still..

not in a million years

... I would.

(ducks)

In our present situation anyway. Petracca will be pretty ■■■■■■ good and looks ready to go already.

I wouldn't take it for Joe, or Carlisle, or Hepp, but they'd be about the only 3 completely off the table. I wouldn't even do it for pick 2 or 3.

We know we have another trade going to happen and we should aim to get the best tall defender we can even though they will not quite be as good as Hooker. Whether from Port or a 3rd club.

Hypothetically.. If Saints offered us pick 1 for Hooker, reckon we would take it?

I don't know, if GWS offered us Tom Scully for Hooker would you take it?

Or if Melbourne offered us Jack Watts for Hooker?

Or if Carlton offered us Matthew Kruezer, or Byrce Gibbs or Mark Murphy or even all three of them for Hooker?

No but if you are using that logic, I would have traded Hooker for Hodge, Goddard or Nick Riewoldt back when those guys were getting drafted.

Say we use a 3rd rounder on Gartlett, swans won't take a 4th rounder for Membrey.
And will we be able to get either of them for say Jetta or Hardingham? Surely not.

Hardy straight swap for garlett
Mick wants him gone and he wants to leave they'l take whatevers offered
Jetta even

Poor Hooker.You'd almost think it was his nickname, as everyone's always tryin to fk him.

Hooker WILL continue to improve.

By 2016, he will be refereed to as 'Madame'.

Or if Carlton offered us Matthew Kruezer, or Byrce Gibbs or Mark Murphy or even all three of them for Hooker?

No but if you are using that logic, I would have traded Hooker for Hodge, Goddard or Nick Riewoldt back when those guys were getting drafted.

Pretty much.

I'd take the chance Petracca ends up being better than Hooker, I think it's a good bet.

Not that hard to see almost all the failed pick 1s have been skinny outside types or KPs who've broken down with injury.

not in a million years

... I would.

(ducks)

In our present situation anyway. Petracca will be pretty ■■■■■■ good and looks ready to go already.

I wouldn't take it for Joe, or Carlisle, or Hepp, but they'd be about the only 3 completely off the table. I wouldn't even do it for pick 2 or 3.

We know we have another trade going to happen and we should aim to get the best tall defender we can even though they will not quite be as good as Hooker. Whether from Port or a 3rd club.

I would only do it if we did it the Hawthorn way.

Gave up two top players for picks 1 and 4, then eventually got one of them back.

I just think if you are going to give up Hooker for pick 1, have you gained anything? You will need to spend the time developing the kid who, if he is a KPP, probably won't come good for another 3-4 years

Get Swans involved in the Paddy trade if we get 16 plus player like Butcher or More plus a second or 3rd round which we give to Swans for Membrey. We might need to give up 19 however as getting 1st and second round picks plus player from Port is quite rich they will need a second round selection. If Swans accept 3rd round pick for Membrey then that could be a fair trade.

not in a million years

... I would.

(ducks)

I would only do it if we did it the Hawthorn way.

Gave up two top players for picks 1 and 4, then eventually got one of them back.

I just think if you are going to give up Hooker for pick 1, have you gained anything? You will need to spend the time developing the kid who, if he is a KPP, probably won't come good for another 3-4 years

As I said I definitely would not go for a KP with pick #1. Too many have failed IMHO.

I'd target that with the Ryder deal - we actually have some chips on the table for a change.

Involve GWS one way or the other, they have about 15 KPs too many. Carlisle gives us fwd/back flexibility too.

I wouldn't trade Hooker for pick 1, based on the fact he made the most utterly idiotic move (or non move) to stay with us. When I heard we were offered two picks in the mid twenties for him and he wanted to stay, I was beyond livid. For whatever reason he stayed and had faith in himself, I still don't understand the thought process that somehow manufactured a belief that he was going to ever become a consistent 22 player. But, without that self-belief he wouldn't have got to where he is now - I know it was just a hypothetical, but jeez, I wouldn't trade him for pick 1 purely on the fact that he was willing to work hard and be better than everyone else.

Merely pointing out that even with the number 1 pick, the draft is still a massive lottery.

Hooker is one of the premier key backs in the game, and has got there by backing himself (we wanted to trade him away a couple of years ago but he said no) and working ■■■■■■ hard to improve himself to the stage where he is now a All Australian player.

I wouldn't ■■■■ him off for a number 1 draft pick that might end up being a complete bust.

A player of Hooker claibre you would only trade for an established player of a similar calibre that fills a need on your list, or as part of a package to get you an even better player.

I reckon Howlett might get us a second round pick from Hawthorn or West Coast that we could use to get Membrey.
I think Garlett will cost us a round three pick.
Hardingham may not get a gig anywhere else and may end up staying with us.

is that your oppion or a whisper - very surprising frankly.

I reckon Howlett might get us a second round pick from Hawthorn or West Coast that we could use to get Membrey.
I think Garlett will cost us a round three pick.
Hardingham may not get a gig anywhere else and may end up staying with us.

Is he contracted for next year?

Hate to see Howlett go at all, least of all to Hawthorn. Just make them more hard-core.

Hate to see Howlett go at all, least of all to Hawthorn. Just make them more hard-core.

Howlett isn't in their best 22. In 12 months I don't think he'll be in ours either.

Howlett isn't in their best 22. In 12 months I don't think he'll be in ours either.

He's also a 26 year old on a list where 2 of our best 4 midfielders will turn 30 by next year.

I'd want something good in return.

Wouldn't get a stale bottle of p..s for Jetta.

Get Swans involved in the Paddy trade if we get 16 plus player like Butcher or More plus a second or 3rd round which we give to Swans for Membrey. We might need to give up 19 however as getting 1st and second round picks plus player from Port is quite rich they will need a second round selection. If Swans accept 3rd round pick for Membrey then that could be a fair trade.

Rather some other player from Port and look to use or pick 16 on a tall from some other club

I wouldn't trade Hooker for pick 1, based on the fact he made the most utterly idiotic move (or non move) to stay with us. When I heard we were offered two picks in the mid twenties for him and he wanted to stay, I was beyond livid. For whatever reason he stayed and had faith in himself, I still don't understand the thought process that somehow manufactured a belief that he was going to ever become a consistent 22 player. But, without that self-belief he wouldn't have got to where he is now - I know it was just a hypothetical, but jeez, I wouldn't trade him for pick 1 purely on the fact that he was willing to work hard and be better than everyone else.

Probably the fact that he's been a consistent (best) 22 player since 2009. 

He's also a 26 year old on a list where 2 of our best 4 midfielders will turn 30 by next year.
I'd want something good in return.

Second rounder seems right for Howlett, doesn't dominate games and isn't a 30 touch mid. Honest hard working and can kick a goal, Freo or WCE might trade or offer a pick. If it becomes a bidding war Membrey might become too dear, third round at best for me, maybe Hardy in straight swap, think Swans could do something with him.