Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

And perhaps most importantly 6 clearances per game.

Waiting until guys say they want out is a schmuck’s game.

The real work on the big stars is being done now.

2 Likes

He’s outwardly confident and inwardly lacking in confidence, so maybe things will even out. He’s a friend of one of my boys.

2 Likes

Ok, for those uneducated in the midfield art, just because someone can get 6 clearances and has a big body, doesn’t make them a good player. How are these guys defensively? There is a reason they are not in the team.

I’m not a fan, but he has been starting to find his feet this year I think. I would persist with him.

2 Likes

I don’t see how he’s found he’s feet. He was pretty much garbage in most games he’s played at senior level. He consistently gets found out in the 1’s, and if he’s absolutely any good at all, he’ll demand a spot back in the senior side and cement a spot by the end of the year. Hope it happens, but I doubt it will

2 Likes

WOB, I can’t be stuffed drinking and typing, so …

1. I said finding his feet.
  2. I don’t think he’s been rubbish, but he certainly hasn’t been great.
  3. I think he has started to show glimpses though.
  4. I don’t think it’s that urgent that it’s this year or bust
  5. So given all that I would persist and see what we get.
2 Likes

Oh he’s not in any danger this year and he will be around next year, but I just really don’t see him making it

I really hope he does make it. That inward confidence will come with putting away a few solid games at AFL level.

1 Like

We need already established mature inside mids. Some potentials may not cut it and we will be further away from finals footy

I don’t see him as a midfielder only a half forward.

Showed a bit going back 2-3 seasons ago thought then looked good but has definitely faded but has also had many injury concerns.

Needs to show what he is and can be remaining games or he will be overtaken next year.

Most doubted Langford ability to transition into midfield. But through development in the 2’s he’s been able to and now having an impact at senior level also.

LAV has had zero continuity with his body and thus zero development time in midfield. Was very capable at junior level doing so however so let’s see how he goes.

Would expect they’d be trying to give him serious minutes in the guts for rest of VFL season

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be using Langford as an example just yet.

2 Likes

Nothing more certain than Langers becoming a star.

Take it to the bank Clone_Hirdy

I took it to the bank.

The teller gave me a Langford stare.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah he is right this time. Griffen was forced out by the treatment he received under McCartney and no amount of pleading changed that. We had that at Essendon so you shouldn’t be surprised (Houli under Knights).

I think Langford will be a solid player.

The issue Langford is going to have at this club is that he will be a whipping boy when we lose, simply because he looks like he isn’t trying and doesn’t care. Which is ridiculous.

history has shown that our supporters go after someone on our list and it’s usually someone that constantly looks chilled out.

2 Likes

History also shows most supporters or should I say followers have NFI though. And their thoughts irrelevant to how the player valued by the coaches/club.

Langfords development is tracking along very well for someone who was learning to be a midfielder having not done much of it at all as junior. He’s what 21? Hakuna matata

4 Likes

I have not watched a lot of footy over the last couple of years, and i did not realize just how good Devon Smith was. I have seen Saad a lot as i live on the Coast, and have seen Stringer, including Bulldogs flag game.