Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

GC allready has 2 firsts and 2 seconds. They don’t need another kid. They need help off field to develop and retain the kids they have.

They need a Leigh Matthews, Kevin Sheedy or Ron Barassi to go there for a few years as senior coach.

They can have it like our 11 last year, They pounced on it and gave us a great deal, I’m sure we could work something out.

8 plus steak knives for Shiel is better than pick 14+ as compo in 2019.

Agreed if trades for both was happening

2018 1st + ?? for Shiel

2019 1st + ?? for Beams

We have other picks & experienced depth or young players still with upside to use trade wise to get those across the line.

I just don’t want to give up a 1st round pick for a 29yr old. Only way I’d be happy is if it was a Devon Smith style deal and we got a couple of decent picks back.

3 Likes

yeah, cant give up a first rounder for beams

2 Likes

If it’s essentially pick 18 after we’ve won a flag next year then it’s well worth it.

None of us will care about not having a “possible” 10yr player if we have success in next few years. From that range of draft selection could just as easily be a bust.

He’s contracted and a star of the comp. There is no way we get him without it IMO as per Gibbs.

3 Likes

INS Beams Shiel & Premiership

4 Likes

Then you won’t get Beams

I can’t imagine a better fit for us than Shiel. Maybe only Kelly.

We should throw everything at him.

Wonder if we could get something out of GC for Hartley & Colyer lol

ah well, so be it

Also, it’s pretty likely GWS would want a player in return. They have lost a serious amount of talent recently. That doesnt necessarily mean the player would have to be from essendon, but i doubt theyd settle for 1st round picks when they are close to a flag.

All popped of course

1 Like

Carlton need to get seasoned experienced players in more than priority picks

I’m on board the no first round for Beams train.

7 Likes

GWS would want picks, they have a cap squeeze at the moment and it ain’t going away. A high ish pick will keep the talent pipeline flowing for them and the cap space down.

Brisbane on the other hand will be very bad to deal with. They will want Shiel compensation for a guy who is great but has had some injury issue the last few years and is 29.

I’m thinking something like 1st 2018 Pic and 1st 2019 Pic for Sheil and their 2nd

Beams I’d go this years GWS second and a player (Hartley, Lav, Dea) somebody that is fringe.

2 Likes

Interesting, is this an admission or a deflection from the club http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-08-09/club-responds-to-beams-speculation

1 Like

Shutdown, I’d have thought.

2 Likes

Strange.

So many trade rumours get flung about. You don’t normally respond to them.

2 Likes

Just read on the EFC website we are chasing Beams! That’s awesome… He’s a jet, bring him in.