Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I reckon they’ll go aggressive, fun time to be a pies supporter; awful time for everyone else.

I can’t see it after just one year. A spot might open up if Kelly goes, but Ablett and Selwood surely don’t have much in the tank. We’d have to pay a lot for an untried kid.

Hartley to Pies for a 2nd round would be lol city.

1 Like

And yet they are still in the hunt.

KPP are just not as important as they used to be.

3 Likes

Yes they are. Buddy ran them ragged last week on the first game kpd after Moore went off. And a week after Hurley demolished him.

Since Dunn’s ACL they have had;

• 16pt win vs EFC, only due our injuries in game
  • 6 goal loss to WC at the MCG
  • Pumped North
  • Lost to Tigers
  • Lost to Swans

Should be 1-4 from that run

1 Like

De goey missed a few games in there, didn’t he?

Buddy can do that to anyone and losing a player in the game is always a disadvantage.

Yes Hurley beat him but so what does that prove? Only that players form fluctuates depending on different circumstances.

Once again you use excuses for our loss to them yet it doesn’t seem to apply when Buddy ran riot and they had an injury…

They were also in the Tigers game for a hell of a long time.

None of what you posted proves that KPP are as important as they once were but if that’s your belief, that’s your choice.

Clearly not important.

Hence McGovern just got $1.2mil to stay at WC

And Rance gets frothed non stop.

And why we switched Hooker back.

Kpd who can beat their men and intercept are more valuable than ever.

1 Like

Learn to read and comprehend.

3 Likes

That would make sense. Especially if Connors is trying to get another one of his clients to Essendon aswell.

1 Like

He wants his players to win flags. Melbourne would be pushing their cap with the signing of Lever and a few others, there pretty much set. I’d say we’re next in line or on the same level as a future premiership contender and still have some money in the bank.

Still in the hunt due to their easy draw. Have been found out against top teams.

1 Like

Premierships… yes.
Money… yes

But the improvement in Stringer, Smith and Saad. That is worth selling to opposition players.

I read it.

And countered with more important than they’ve ever been based on how critical it is to be able to prevent contested marks /take your own/intercept and launch attacks.

McGovern is on Dusty money now which contradicts what you are saying.

Comprehende’?

There’s no reason for a player seeking change or success to not be interested in moving to Essendon.

1 Like

Exactly - they should refer to our finals winning success over the last 18 years.

Wait…

1 Like

Still find it incredibly hard to rate melbourne. They have not beaten a single team in the current top 8.

They could beat sydney this week and still not have beaten a team in the 8 by the end of the round if results go the right way.

Why would we want to draft Beams when we said Rockciffe was too old?

3 Likes

would only come if Ambrose apologises and leaves the club first

1 Like