Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

If you mean the saying, I believe it is a reference to win some, lose some at a carnival.
I may be very wrong.

I think it’s more along the lines different choices net in the same result.

OK THEN SUE ME!!!

I’ve gone a bit cold on Tyson. Decent on the inside but he’s a terrible decision maker and a dodgy kick.

1 Like

He is a poor man’s Myers

1 Like

Ain’t life funny?
A few weeks ago Myers was a poor man’s Tyson…

2 Likes

Correct

Dunno why we’d go shiel this year when we could wait 1 year and not give up anything. Seems a silly and rash decision especially when this years draft is talked up stop highly and we will likely get our last top 10 pick for a number of years (hopefully)

super drafts are overrated.

2 Likes

Because it seems that he’s gettable now and others are also trying to get him. It seems like a case of act now or miss out.

7 Likes

Why on earth would GWS be interested in any of our fringe players? None of those mentioned would get a run in their firsts.

Kelly will cost a mill a season and two first rounders.

Pay it.

Because we need him now not in a years time.

3 Likes

We could also have a Clayton Oliver or powell pepper type plus add shiel the next year if we cool our jets a bit.

May also be a case of we could (hypothetically) put together the best deal for GWS this year out of the handful of clubs he might be interested in vs next year we could simply be priced out?

Either way with the age breakdown of our list we need to be pushing hard right now for a sustained run at it over several years.

like we need more players that can’t kick.

3 Likes

What if they were presented on a MEGAWALL?

3 Likes

Looking at past deals steak knives are always thrown in. They also have experienced players coming to an end as well as injury prone. They also have a cap issue and a player/s that will inevitably leave. They need senior players just as much as high draft picks. Dea would be perfect to take over Shaw and Ambrose or Hartley wouldn’t hurt their depth in experienced KPP.
I think I went unders on 2nd round over another first. Probably has to be this years first and next year pick between 13-20. Shouldn’t be giving away two top 10’s.

Nino pls.

Pls be right.

6 Likes

Shiel would put us in the window, Kelly kicks a hole in the window and barges through.
One of the extremely talented GWS boys will get shaken loose by the salary cap in the next couple of years, I hope we are there to cash in.