Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Why would they?

Assume they finish top 4.

He’d be turning 27 in 2020 season. Contract offer would likely net them a compo pick after their first rounder so a late teens only (16-19).

Top 10 pick this year + sweetener is way better & we have a good trading relationship with them.

If they let him go it’s because they know can’t match next year either with Kelly and Coniglio OOC

2 Likes

This year’s and next year’s 1st would get it done.

Could also get a 2nd rounder back from GWS I reckon. Something like pick 8 and 2019 1st for Shiel and pick 24

3 Likes

Yeah any deal would be in line with the Treloar deal I’d imagine.

if i hear the term superdraft one more time i’ll spew up

2 Likes

SUPERDRAFT

8 Likes

nope.

Nope.

There was no free agency worry for GWS then with Treloar and also making a stand early days with outgoing players. He was one of the first few highly rated kids they lost IIRC.

1 Like

Will not be going to Hawthorn

33 Likes

I know this is early, but a name for the trade thread could be : The Get Shiel Appeal.

8 Likes

Can someone actually tell me a situation that a player has asked for a trade to a club that they supported as a kid (Victoria only)?

IMO it has absolutely no bearing on a players decision to return home to Victoria.

The only situation when it’s significant, is when your drafting kids, as it’s a dream come true… and makes it hard for them to leave.

4 Likes

The Red (and black) Shiel Appeal?

7 Likes

All donations to a name are greatly appreciated!

Gary Ablett

Not a serious answer, I agree with you. I can’t think of any examples.

Shiel or Gaff or both?

That’s a good point. FA might force GWS’ hand.

I like your thinking, @Speedy_Gonzales - I’m optimistic now.

Only Dangerfield I can think of?

Purely because he wanted to live rurally by the coast, in his home town.

If he played for another club in Victoria, he’d be travelling 2.5-3 hours to Melbourne.

1 Like

Shiel

5 Likes

Is Devon Smith part of our list management & recruiting team?

It sure seems like it.

5 Likes

There is also talk they need salary cap relief as well.

They know North and others will be coming hard at Josh Kelly again next year, even if they do blow $750k/year on Jarred Polec.