Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Adding Shiel and Gaff to a midfield of Heppell, Zerrett, Myers, Zaka, Parish, Langford, McGrath and Smith plus Goddard in a final swan song just seems unfathomable. Astonishing if Dodoro can pull it off.

1 Like

Shiel is nothing like the Treloar deal.

He isn’t worth 2 first rounders unless they are 18 and 18.

Even then, at 26 and free agency awaiting I’d want something back.

2 Likes

When Brasha speaks, we need to listen.

If it’s out if us and Carlton and the difference is pick 1 vs pick 8 and Sheil is happy to come to us then it will happen.

The problem will be if Carlton include next years first rounder as that will also be pick 1

7 Likes

Saad

Carlton would be mad to give pick 1.

The two guys in the frame for pick 1, sound unbelievably good.

4 Likes

they’ll turn them into spuds in no time

3 Likes

Good to see you’re back Brasha…

1 Like

Saad was a big collingwood supporter, same with Devon

Blues would be stupid to trade pick 1 for a 26yo! From all reports, Sam Walsh who they will pick at no1 is a out and out gun and a 12 - 15 year player.

Shiel has 5ish years left and won’t win a flag at blues in that time.

So only a boyhood love for the club or more $$$ would get him to the blues

1 Like

A quick view of his posts would indicate this is correct…

I think Shiel has 7 seasons left

As I said earlier, any player managed by Paul Connors doesn’t waver on which club he goes to.

That player picks the club (regardless of draft picks), then Paul Connors gets it done.

Until he picks a club… disregard what draft picks each club has.

2 Likes

You keep saying that and it’s still bs.

2 Likes

It’s nice to be a predator and not the prey these days. One Gaff or Sheil would be incredible.

4 Likes

We will see at the end of the year then…

If we pay 2 first rounders my opinion is BS.

If we don’t then your opinion is BS.

1 Like

Just for posterity, is your opinion that he isn’t worth it or that we could get him for less? Or that whatever you pay for someone at the trade table is what they’re worth?

Ah yes… not sure why I thought that.
As you were.

1 Like

Shiel is speedy mid who wins his own footy, not many of them blokes around. GWS can have as many picks as they want, he’s worth it.

1 Like

Then you and I remember it differently. I thought the story was they low balled him cause they wanted to force his hand. They asked for 2x 1st round picks and ended up relenting with the 2nd round sweetener back the other way. And while he wasn’t a FA, he was out of contract and they had a huge salary cap squeeze on so there was a lot of reasons for them to see him leave. If Shiel nominated a club next year as a FA, GWS could just as easily match the offer and make the club trade for him.

Still reckon 2x 1st rounders (assuming ours would be ~10 this year and anywhere from 18-12 next year) would get it done with something coming back the other way.

lel

1 Like