Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

If we get Gaff are WC going to boo him?

Do we really want Gaff? Hardly think we need another outside runner. Inside/outside guys is what we need. Give me Shiel over Gaff every single day!

1 Like

Other than Zaka who else we got?

1 Like

I can’t decide. I’ll take both!

Controversial, Gaff looked mentally shattered after the Brayshaw incident. Was it just realisation his finals were done and that he’d smashed a kid, or will it be a lingering psychological issue and he won’t be as aggressive at it as he was?

If he goes to Hawks yes to the latter

The giants one took just under 10 years to get to 50 games, with a delisting in the middle. Hard to go past that.

Dodoro was putting a quality list together before the saga hit and we were stripped of points, draft picks, players wanted to leave and no-one wanted anything to do with Essendon. You may also remember that we were kicked out of the finals

Keeping most of the list together under those circumstances is a massive achievement in itself. To then keep finding quality recruits at both the draft and trade table with one hand tied behind his back is just short of remarkable.

The saga should have killed the club, and Dodoro is one of the major reasons why it didn’t.

The damage control part of your post makes no sense whatsoever. What damage control? What over valued talls? The reason the media haven’t gone hard at us for it is because you’re talking nonsense

17 Likes

Could not think of a more perfect player for our rookie list.

we are so not getting any of gaff, sheil, beams, REID, or wallis.

1 Like

I think you just have to look at how many All Australians he’s drafted to say he’s done a good job. Lack of finals can be blamed on a few other things.

Gaff = Shiel

Gaff + 1st + 1st/2nd > Shiel

Gaff + Shiel =

1 Like

SAM REID SAM REID SAM REID

GET IT DONE

Brain explosion.

Surely we don’t have the cap space to get Gaff and Shiel.

Sammy Reidy-ee

Paper bags…brown ones that is.

Perenially injured Sam Reid?

No thx

2 Likes

Wallis has Craig Bird written all over it

10 Likes

World domination

A boner I could hang the washing out on.

1 Like

That’s a really good point, because its been made clear before the match is definitely only the total contract, and not the same break-downs between years. So you’re right, you would think most clubs could find a way to argue that they can match it (even if that means currently contracted stars would have to be let go, which in reality won’t happen).