Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

2 firsts for Shiel in a heart beat the bloke is a friggin gun. we lack that big explosive mid who can burst away from a stoppage Shiel fits us perfectly.

1 Like

OH BABY

I could handle Wallis if it was for peanuts.

4 Likes

Could you handle Wallis’ nuts if it was for pee?

5 Likes

Do you want deal with Jabba the Hut Gordon?
It wouldn’t cost peanuts dealing with him

1 Like

deep fried peanuts might get Gordon interested

3 Likes

That’s cool.
No peanuts, no deal.

But it would be worth meeting with him if only to rabbit on about Stringer. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Don’t know about barnz, and I could write a wall of text equivocating about what exactly constitutes 2 first rounders, but to actually commit to an opinion

• I think he is
  • I don’t think we’ll need to
  • as with any trade, you only find out what one team is willing to trade, so I don’t think you ever really find out worth. But that’s an argument to have heatedly during trade week, as is tradition.

2 Likes

Come on, how good would it be?

• We want a second round for him.
  • Hmmm, let us think about that for a…oh, wait we’ve just traded that…would you take a third round?
  • Well…perhaps, if it’s a towards the start of…
  • Oops! Traded that one too. How about a fourth round? Would you trade him for a fourth round?
2 Likes

It begins!

Ken oath. Wins his own ball, great running capacity and damaging on the outside. Great skills. Hits the scoreboard. Full package.

ITS TIME

5 Likes

Left-footer but kicks unhesitatingly on his right. Our gap is a strong player with good pace AND good skills bursting away from stoppages. Shiel can do that. Wallis can’t.

2 Likes

I’d say top 3.

I have literally no interest in Wallis. None.

4 Likes

You may have noticed that I have even less wish for Wallis.

I’d rather Dahlhaus.

3 Likes

You may well be in luck I reckon

3 Likes

Wallis would be a slight upgrade on Baguley, albeit a few years younger and with midfield ability.

He would ultimately be in competition with some of our developing for/mids and backup for our inside mids.

Dahlhaus’ kicking concerns me slightly, so too does his off field antics.

If we want someone to play as that defensive Forward/HFF I’d be looking at 22yo Matthew Parker from the WAFL, has all the tricks and averages 4 tackles as a forward.

I’m with you Shiel is not worth our current first rounders. Next years first you would hopefully think is between 12-18 and this year is 8-10. I’d be turning this years first into a later first with a 2nd coming back. That’s the only way we give away two firsts, a second has to be coming back.
But I can understand the thought process of giving up the firsts and believing we’re completely set. Maybe it is a risk worth taking.
Still though I oscillate back to if we’re giving up two firsts it should be for Kelly not Shiel.

1 Like