Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

The pressure points and chicken wing?

1 Like

Thanks reboot for making my 2013 draft dreams come true.

A first, second plus a player I’m told is what we are willing to offer for DS. GWS could then turn two first rounders into one very early first rounder…:wink:

4 Likes

Dodoro putting on some more jackets

There’s always an argument about the value of a player.

Some people rate players very very highly, some people don’t rate them at all.

The value lies somewhere in the middle. We simply have to hand over a first round pick, at a minimum for Shiel. Whether we hand over another first round pick will depend if we can get a second round pick back or a steak knives player.

I’d be extremely happy to go into this draft with recruiting Dylan Shiel and 2 second round picks.

Or we use a second round pick for Beams.

Do you know if GWS are willing to talk?

Jonov. This is a far cry from a load of people dropping 2x first rounders for him.

It’s like trade week has already started and “Jackets is farking this up just give the Dogs what they want…”

1 Like

Will they have live footage of player transactions again? was good viewing when Dodoro was in ther room with Chris Grant signing off for Stringer

I j!zzed

The GWS supporter over at big footy said something similar.

From what I can gather we are balls deep into trying to get Shiel weather we can get him remains to be seen.

Bet the WC board member is pulling ya leg there!

1 Like

Without knowing their list, what are they lacking?

Hopefully a key defender, we’ve got a stock pile of them.

1 Like

Could give them Hartley for free.

Will need a replacement for Shaw maybe Ambrose?

You will take Jackson Merrett and you will like it

1 Like

Doddoro:

“How about we do a straight swap for Shiel?”

GWS list manager: “it needs to be one of your gun players.”

Doddoro: “absolutely! We’ll trade you Zac…son Merrett”

GWS List Manager: “Zac Merrett! Yes please!”

Doddoro “excellent. Jackson Merrett will be fantastic for your club”

32 Likes

Im sure if you say Micheal Hartley quick enough it will sound like our AA defender.

4 Likes

“So you guys are looking at a key defender? Even thought it hurts I’d be willing to give up Mikey H. Deal? Ok sign here, don’t bother reading the paperwork it just boring legalese.”

1 Like

I had a brain transplant for a similar suggestion a few days ago. Lol, hope yours went well too.

Kelly is on the table, same contract length as Shiel, more expensive for GWS to retain and is definitely coming back to Melbourne.

So Shiel to Essendon has gone through the paper rounds, if we don’t make a public statement that we’re into him does that tell us anything considering the Beams situation last week?

I still think we are intrested in Beams that statment by the club was just a smoke screen imo

1 Like