Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Shiel bursting out of middle and then spearing a pass to Joe on the tit

1 Like

S S S S
make it happen

2 Likes

2 first rnd picks do it Dodoro

We have Smith who can get in his ear

1 Like

Doesn’t matter how much Carlton have to offer, he chooses where he wants to go and that club just has to pony up and give GWS something that will be better than they’d get as compo, 1st and a 2nd would be the starting point; top 3 pick or 2 firsts would be most likely.

1 Like

We’ve got a good trading relationship with GWS which is always a plus as well.

Hartley is also a west sydney boy and whilst not in our side now (AA fullback keeping him out) still would hold value if we were including a player back their way as well as picks.

New pair of Reg Grundies required for @Finding_Nino

3 Likes

Shiel would complete our midfield.

It’s likely that Dodoro has already spoken to him. Hopefully he can make this happen.

1 Like

A swap for Leuenberger and Green would be more than fair and reasonable for Shiel.

Gets them closer to home in Brisbane.

3 Likes

So would a move to Port Adelaide…

2 Likes

If you assume (rightly or wrongly) that Sheil is interested in going to a club with an ‘open window’, that can afford his pay, that has what it takes for the trade, that is interested, that he will improve by more than just himself( a missing essential component), by any other convenience or preference, and it’s a club in Melbourne, it isn’t such an open field anymore.
All assumptions, of course.
Open window - Us, Melbourne, Collingwood, Richmond. Saints/Norf/Carlton need a lot more pieces.
Vital - Us. Richmond/Collingwood/Melbourne/whoreforn/Geelong do not vitally need this kind of mid.
We’d still have cap, especially if you consider Goddard & Bags
The other stuff is all up to him.
We would be a great prospect for him.

2 Likes

He’s not a free agent this year

I’d put Norf in a similar position to us, if not better

North have a lot of guys right near the end of their careers…Waite, Thompson, Goldstein, Higgins

4 Likes

Shiel and Coniglio are the two biggest priorities on my list, would love either

8 Likes

I wouldn’t rule Hawthorn out. Those grubby scumbags always find a way.

Hopefully Devon Smith is good mates with him.

1 Like

They’re Coverable imo

Roos midfield ball winning capacity might be appealing to Shiel who hasn’t really known otherwise at the Giants.

I think we are the best fit for him and, height aside, he is the best fit for us

one of the few things i agree with you on.

shiel would do wonders for us.

Age demographic and also list balance is very different to ours, I reckon.

If it meant getting Shiel to the club, I’d trade Parish to Geelong then package their 1st with our 1st. I’d even throw Hartley in, but I’d ask Walla first.