Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

A “psychologically experimental environment”, heh… what could go wrong?

8 Likes

great now we have 4 months of daily speedy gonzales posts about how we will get both of the crouch brothers based off a bigfooty post

Didn’t Toby Greene sign a five year deal just recently?

We should be looking for a JD replacement

2 Likes

Contracts aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

2 Likes

Do they even write them on paper these days?

Errrr… pretty sure I’ve not done that ever in regards to any player.

Roll out of the wrong side of bed today sunshine?

2 Likes

Got no idea how authentic that stuff is although a former Victorian junior is back in Vic right now visiting family during their bye and telling family that there’s some unrest in the crows and he wouldn’t be surprised if “quite a few left”. He mentioned Lever & Cameron leaving unsettled the group. It seems something isn’t quite right there. Maybe given the bumper crop of SA talent available in this years draft is softening any potential blow to losing some players?

2 Likes

They may as well write them on whiteboards

1 Like

It’s all about the camp they had pre-season. They wanted to mentally break the players…Great Success!

In regards to trade targets, heard Shai Bolton mentioned on radio this morning along with Short have delayed contract talks at Richmond. You’d reckon Bolton will have some interest for sure given he was a talented junior playing some solid VFL footy but not getting a look at AFL with Butler, Castagna, Rioli etc all in front of him. Would he be of interest? Could free up Fantasia for more midfield time. Depends on cost I suppose.

2 Likes

I wasn’t told much of the camp other than it was gruelling in all aspects. Having said that, they did a similar camp last year yet nobody mentions that. The crows have been leaking good players for a number of years now going back as far as Bock, Davis, Dangerfield, Lever Cameron etc and you could go further back than that for examples. Will lose Sloane this year too. Why do these good players want to leave this club?

I think we can give up on Gaff. IMO he’s unlikely to leave but if he does there’s a couple other clubs that’ll offer much more.

2 Likes

Article in HS indicating many of their players contracts on hold given Tigers interest in Tom Lynch. Much the same at Collingwood.

I’d trade every draft pick for 2 years to get both Crouch brothers, Our midfield would be set!!!

2 Likes

Yep, signed to 2024 when he becomes a RFA.

Yep. Perfect age for our group.

And Riley Knight, he is a very good player.

1 Like

I’ d go after both, Jayden Short is a beautiful user of the footy and can kick it a mile pretty tough at it to and shai Bolton screams pressure and X factor

It’s far more than the camp. Pyke and Tex have lost the players. Both aren’t well liked amongst the group

2 Likes

Not surprised, when Tex is allowed to ring and abuse players you know there is a problem.