Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I don’t see why we would get Wallis. I’d rather find somebody in the draft.

1 Like

About 8 weeks. :wink:

2 Likes

And…
Wallis has disappeared…
Only the 1 possession that quarter. It is typical of him through his career. More often than not he goes missing for a quarter.

If we end up getting him, I hope he plays the way he did in his junior years when he was getting 30 possessions per game and dominating, instead of the 20 possessions and disappearing here and there through AFL.

How?

Meh. He’s no gun but I don’t really mind us getting Wallis as a FA and seeing how he goes with a change of enrivonment.

Not sure if he’s in our best side but he’s only 25, wins contested footy and gives us another bigger-bodied option around the ball at 186cm & 85kg.

It’s time to raid Carlton.

Petrevski-Seaton and Harry McKay.

Go and get them

More stringer/smith types.

talented players treated unfairly by their previous club and dirt cheap.

WITH MASSIVE CHIPS ON THEIR SHOULDERS

3 Likes

Blues are sweating on keeping Cripps, just sayin’.

17 Likes

Heard they are miles apart on the $.

Don’t tease.

2 Likes

there is no way the blues would let him go.

if he was on open market he would get GC lynch sort of pay

1 Like

Wallis is the kind of quality that…I’m happy to go with…but if something else came up, I could leave him holding just a pen at the signing ceremony.

Let me try one of these:

8 Likes

Not a clue, personally just adding to the conversation and talking options.

Hard to argue with the above. I just remember Brodie having a good contested ball winning ability and a very handy side step to make space. He had a good handball too if I recall accurately. He may well be in the Caddy category as being hyped more than reasonable. I figured that with only being at GC for 2 years they couldnt have ruined him beyond repair yet.

You’re probably right that a first rounder now seems like a punt, but it’s a moot point anyway given that he’s contracted and GC won’t give way easily considering they will lose Lynch. They will be in reputation damage mode and unlikely to help early picks like Brodie leave.

Besides I much prefer RCD at this point in time.

1 Like

Getting Cripps would allow me to erase the pain of the 99 prelim.

Almost.

1 Like

For everyone saying how much we need Wallis, they do realise he’s averaging less clearances than Myers this year? And only about 3 years younger. I’ve no problem adding him as depth if he’s cheap, but why would he then want to come here?

2 Likes

What about the 2000 prelim?

1 Like

If I was Cripps, to stay at Carlton I’d need Martin at North levels of compensation. He’d know he’d be committing to carrying that side and not contending until he’s at least 28 or so.

I could easily see him deciding to play elsewhere for less (but still considerable) compensation so he has some chance of competing. If he did leave, we’d have to be in a good position. We’d fit his needs to a tee, and he ours.

2 Likes

Which i think will be the end of his career, he cops a physical beating every game there.

1 Like

Petrevski-Seaton and Harry McKay for a first rounder.

Get it done.