Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Cross Sloane off the list.

2 Likes

5 years for Sloan, surprised its that long

5 years for someone who’s nearly cooked?

1 Like

We were never after him

4 Likes

Have to imagine the injury concerns scuppered some of the really big offers coming in and Crows maybe ended up best option desperate to avoid the continual exodus.

Plus he is a damn good player.

5 years? sheesh

2 Likes

Wow… surprised he got a contract that long.
I’m glad we didn’t get him though

1 Like

thank goodness gracious for that

Will Setterfield would be my number 1 target, but doing some Sydney style trades for cheaper talent…
Luke Partington (mid)
William Drew (mid)
Jack Scrimshaw (mid)
Kieran Lovell (mid)
Hugh Goddard (kpd)
Kieran Collins (kpd)
Ben McKay (kpd)
Reckon they’d all be worth looking at for areas of need/depth. All young and (were) highly rated, if only we could get our player development working…

1 Like

Astonishing offer for him. Guy was slow to start with and has become slower again. By the time 5 years up he will only be walking around the field.

Stringer going down highlights our need for another mobile 3rd tall back up. Given that Laverde has shown SFA in this role and Houlahan is still a ways off. Obv, a mid that can go fwd (Langers aside) would be ideal…

Not sure if there’s anyone cheap on the market who fits this bill?

Not really, darling.

9 Likes

Probably a longer contract on less money.

A win for both parties.

I have a bone to pick with him.

1 Like

We have one, Stewart.

3 Likes

Have people forgotten about him already?

And Francis

Plenty of cover.

I’m not talking a Stewart, McKernan, Brown. These guys are 2nd talls to Joey.

It’s the more mobile Steinberg-esque 188-192 size hombre.

Francis isn’t a forward.

As mentioned, ideally it’s a mid that goes forward and is a genuine marking target / goalkicker ala Langers…

Do think we need 1 more on the list, that may end up being Laverde, but I’m sure many aren’t sold on him…

francis is not a forward.

2 Likes