Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

We still have Brown also

Who’d likely lose his spot fwd to JD once fit. And Woosh happily plays Brown in defence, often over Hartley when he’s been fit to do so.

Does he give you the horn?

1 Like

This just reads like “here’s the biggest disappointments from the last 4 drafts”

2 Likes

I have to compliment Collingwood on what they did with Mayne.

WAIT, GIVE ME A CHANCE! JUST READ A BIT FURTHER!

I don’t mean they should have gotten him in the first place. Nor paid megabucks for him. That was moronic.

But I do compliment the selection committee who didn’t succumb to perceived pressure to play him. A weak approach would have been to play him continually, claim the side just needed to gel around him, all to deny embarrassment about what they paid.

So…if we got Wallis, on RATIONAL COIN, I hope we would then have the strength to just treat his selection based on form, not reputation, nor a sense of obligation on our part.

1 Like

RATIONAL COIN?

Is that the alternative to the Blitz Panic Dollar?

I like it, though obviously not as much fun to spend.

I believe he could be gotten away from Carlton. Whether he could be convinced to come to EFC is another question.

Scrimshaw - hmm. i think he was drafted too high, but that doesn’t mean he can’t play. A lot of the Goddards about him - tall mid/flanker and his main point of difference is his distribution by foot.

Partington is a slightly lesser version of Parish, and that’s not a criticism as i rate both of them hightly. I like him a lot, but if he’s looking for a move because he wants more time on the ones, I’m not sure we’d be the right destination since he’d be behind Zerrett, Parish, Mcgrath etc in basically the same ‘smallish accumulating midfielder’ role.

I don’t rate Drew. Can’t kick.

Would he fit in the same fwd line as Stringer though?

3 Likes

I don’t rate Membrey
Outside of his set shots, not sure what else he offers.

Lav ends up the mid size forward for mine

5 Likes

Jesus…this ride is about to get bumpy…

3 Likes

Legit forgot about him… happy enough to try and upgrade there as well…

Ummm Stewart moves around the ground.

You need to keep depth in case of injury.

Absolutely agree. I’m talking about upgrading that depth, wherever possible. I think, for the most part, our first choice players are of a pretty decent level.
I see Brown as FWD depth, behind/along with McKernan. Stewart’s had a minor setback, but we’ve seen what he can deliver and he will get back there/improve.

Podcast were saying two clubs have approached Smack. We might be prepared to let him go and parlay that into something.

Seems as if there’s a pretty clear top 5 or 6 in the draft with Lukosius, King squared, Walsh, Rankine and Smith (?).

We should be able to get the best of the rest of the mids.

1 Like

We need to ‘play kids’. There is plenty of upside when number 5 or 6 in th draft could be number 1.

This is the worst year in a long time to finish 9th or 10th.

1 Like

Cripps!
■■■■ me theres some meat beaters on here!
No chance Carlton will let him leave!!!

1 Like

Trying to calculate SMacks trade value is next to impossible. A late first not out of the question, but a pick around 25 would be most likely and I’m not sure if I’d accept a 2nd rounder to be honest.

1 Like

That is crazy… we’d be lucky to get a 3rd rounder

5 Likes

If a club offered 25 for Smack you will take it and run

1 Like

If teams want a ready to go FF/R they’ll be ready to front up, especially if they are in the window and believe they need one, a later swap of picks would be involved. I wouldn’t accept a 3rd round for him, I think he adds a lot of value to our forward line and should complement both Stringer and Daniher allowing them to play their natural games, much in the same way Hooker did.

If Tom Lynch leaves, GC will probably find themselves with:

• 3 first round picks
  • 2 second round picks
  • 2 third round picks

I don’t think they will want to take seven kids. They will be down a FF, and Smack might be of interest for a couple of years. Perhaps Smack can play FF and 2MP become a genuine ruck.

I think we should be able to get an EARLY third rounder, because they should be like confetti to GC…and also because there are so many academy picks in this draft that pick 40 will quickly become pick 50+ on draft day.

1 Like