Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

If that’s the case we should be targeting Crows players. In a fire sale where their is animosity we could get a bargain or too.

Sounds like this bloke has spoken to the same person as the Brad Crouch story was pretty much exactly what I heard a month or so back

5 Likes

Brads good but Matt is where it’s at. Less of a name than the Wines as well.

I’d give up our first for Matt Crouch, not sure you’d have too give much more. But geez he would round out our young midfield.

2 Likes

They turn a little nasty/more demanding post the GF loss or always had some of the group offside?

Both are fairly strange Cats and very set in their ways. When Tex played at Norwood he didn’t have a lot of “mates”

1 Like

as a person who play School footy with Jayden short he is a brilliant on field leader and is a midfield bull in the making

3 Likes

If I had to pick one Brad is where I would go. He is a better player, just more injury prone.

Matt Crouch was AA last year as a dominant clearance inside mid. Brad has been perennially injured and is a more inside/outside type.

If you had to pick one for the needs of our team it would be Matt all day every day IMO

1 Like

But, but, he’s such a great bloke.

Yep, Hopefully it’s true that they want out and hopefully they liked Woosh when he was there.

It would be hard to see the crouch brothers going especially if Sloane is out the door.

Sloane & Lynch is enough of a exodus already.

Heard similar the past couple days Ace. Moreso about the captain.

1 Like

Add Eddie and McGovern to the list. Fair chance both are gone at seasons end

I’m sure you’d have to give up more. He won their best & fairest in a grand final year and has his best footy ahead. They just shelled out two firsts for Gibbs so I’d reckon they’d want more than a first rounder for the reigning club champion.

3 Likes

Really? Somethings is seriously wrong there then. I heard McGovern feels like he was low balled last year given what Gibbs came into the club on. Makes you wonder how Jenkins got that massive contract…

2 Likes

McGovern is what their 4th tall/med fwd? Behind Tex, JJ & Lynch.

In many ways replaceable.

Jenkins filled a very very important structural need as fwd/ruck and had come off a 60 goal season. That’s top notch. Pretty much what JD did last year and made AA.

McGovern only kicked 20 in 2017, can cry about being low balled but he hardly starred.

Darcy Fogarty their top 2017 pick could have lobbed straight into that role and done it.

3 Likes

My understanding of the McGovern drama was that he was told that the club was bursting at the salary cap and that was the best they could offer him and then shortly after they signed Gibbs on really big coin.
I can’t go too much into the Eddie situation but the camp affected him the most and if there is any truth to what I’ve heard it’s disgraceful. He is genuinely weighing up his options for next year and seriously thinking of retiring at seasons end and moving into coaching or development with a move to Melbourne his preference

3 Likes

It’s not about being low balled it’s about being lied to by the club. If the club had simply said “We want to bring in Gibbs and this is all we can offer you” then the ball is in his court. The club basically begged him to take the offer as they had no cap room

4 Likes

That’s very different then.

Players generally would think ok this incoming player could help us win a flag so I’ll accept for the good of possible success but if it falls over then adjust contract accordingly.

You can understand him being upset given lack of transparency.

If they lost Sloane, McGov, Lynch, Crouch Bros they could have 10 picks inside 30 including 5 or 6 1st rounders which gives them a shot at Lukosius and Rankine, Plus a strong hand in next years draft.

Obviously that would end their current window but in 3 years time they’ll be in a great position.