Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I love this thinking but would love to apply it to a team that is much closer to heart
:wink:

When did the talk of Lynch start up?

1 Like

Depends on whether they draft and develop well. Having top picks never guarantees anything, just ask the Suns and GWS (or Fark Carlton who, when Judd was there, had something like 6 top 10 draft picks on their list and still stunk).

Hes been heading to the Dees or Pies all year…though Dees most likely now as Pies will get the Gold Coast Lynch. Another that was annoyed at the Jenkins contract I believe.

Who would take on Eddie Betts?
surely he retires if hes not at the Crows.

If he went back to the Blues, they might be a chance of winning a game, but I can’t see that happening.

Historically Adelaide seem to have drafted and developed very well

3 Likes

EFA

3 Likes

So let me get this straight, wanting out is.

Sloan
Lynch
McGovern
BCrouch
MCrouch
Knight
Betts

And unless the get rid of the Coach, Captain and HPC it’s likely a big chunk of them will leave.

Ok, I’ll take a Crouch (either is fine), Sloan and lastly Betts on a 1 year play and two year development coach gig.

1 Like

Yep say what you like about their ability to retain talent but they consistently find it and develop it.

1 Like

Your also forgetting most of them are also leaving for more coin $$$$
we would need to lose some players with all the ones you want to bring in.

H’m maybe we can offer to take a couple of unhappy good players who tick our boxes off their hands.

Maybe the draft is that good, they are happy to let a few players go.

Sloan would be $
Betts a retirement gig
A Crouch would be ■■■■■■ of and probably slightly more coin.

If Sloan stays I doubt he would get any more than leaving and his season and injury may have effected his value.

I thought Sloan’s wife had taken a job in t.v. in Melbourne? That’s why he was considering leaving S.A.

Didn’t Ricciuto come out and state categorically that McGovern is getting paid more than Gibbs?

thread title change: Trade thread - Picking over the Adelaide carcass

3 Likes

Correct. His wife has a pretty good gig and there was even talk that she has had some decent offers in Sydney. Maybe they both end up there

If the salary cap could support it, I’d offer our 2018 & 2019 first rounders and 2018 second rounder (GWS’s) for the two crouch brothers in a heart beat. I like the look of Clarke, but sorry mate! Adelaide would probably want more, but if the Crouch’s really wanted out and to the same side, there’s a limit on what any club will pay. Therefore, this might be doable. They’d probably want a player back (Francis), which we should fight tooth and nail.

It would be interesting to know (if they really want out) what the two brothers feel on the balance of playing together, having a finals shot, and salaries. Out of teams in the right positions, we could be seen pretty favourably as our main competitors don’t need midfield bulls as much as we do (e.g. Collingwood, Melbourne, Geelong, Richmond already have strong midfields, and Hawthorn has Mitchell in the same role). St Kilda and Carlton are miles off it.

Oh well, can dream.

1 Like

That’s similar to what I’ve heard re McGovern. They have history with that too, Gunston was a similar situation a few years ago IIRC & Lever was offered a deal early last year that his manager described as “disproportionate & almost insulting”. There’s been much talk about their structured pay scale and their players must fit into this although given the way they’ve bled players recently.

IRT Betts, he’s be great value lurking in a pocket at the feet of JD, Stewart, McKernan etc. even if it’s only short term. He’d be an ideal person to put into our indigenous program as well.

4 Likes

Jarryd Lyons got offered like 120k or something crazy like that and bailed