Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Hodge wasn’t a mid.

Missed Omeara by a bees d***

even better then :wink:

Mitch Wallis

Wallis

Looks good in Essendon colours.

1 Like

But doesn’t look very happy about it!

6 Likes

Looks arrogant

4 Likes

What our side is missing not enough arrogant ■■■■■■ in our side.

Miles and Wallis FFS, there are blokes running around in state leagues better than those plodders and would cost us a fraction of what the Tuggers or Fatso Gordon would want

11 Likes

Tigers would be happy to give away Miles

I was intrigued by the Wallis suggestion and watched him closely in their last game. He offered SFA. I’ll continue to watch him…if he gets a game.

2 Likes

Another player that might benefit from a fresh start.

In 2015 Wallis averaged 23.8 disposals and 4.8 tackles and 0.8 goals per game. Fantasy score 90. (Currently 80)
He would probably be our best goal scoring mid. (assuming Fanta, Tippa are forwards)
If we could get him playing to his best year…or best football then he is worth it.

He also finished 9th in their B&F In that year.
2015 Charles Sutton Medal

1. Easton Wood 268 votes
  2. Robert Murphy 229 votes
  3. Marcus Bontempelli 226 votes
  4. Luke Dahlhaus 223 vote
  5. Matthew Boyd 217 votes
  6. Jason Johannisen 198 votes
  7. Jake Stringer 193 votes
  8. Jack Macrae 192 votes
  9. Mitch Wallis 189 votes
  10. Liam Picken 182 votes

Keep in mind Devon Smith had his best year in Fantasy 94 in 2014…this year he is averaging 100.
Last year he was averaging 81.

You’ve convinced me. Its after the bye week, so lets trade out one of our rookies and use the cash from that and upgrade to Wallis.

2 Likes

Is he one-paced? Does he pressure/tackle? Can he play forward? Will he offer more than Myers? Will he get in the way of Parish/Langford/Clarke etc? Does he need a haircut?

These are the only questions I care about regarding midfield acquisitions

Gotta give up something good to get something good that would better place out side.

It has to be a tall or two so which ones for which club to swap

People continually say that but the giving up of something good is generally always just draft picks.

Clubs just don’t hand over gun players for gun players. The whole point is to improve your list.

It’s the valuable first rounder + xyz as needed

Free agency also helps to get around having to give up anything at times also if can outprice players current club.

I really think Miles is a player we need to target big body who is great at the centre clearance can find the ball. Offer a 2019 3rd or 4th round pick for him.

1 Like

Tell me what Mile’s height and weight is.

Can anyone (without using the phrase “draft pick”) tell me why? He has struggled to get a game as a young kid in a side that’s either terrible, outright tanking, or both.

Bad injury run? Bad attitude? Nowhere near it, development-wise? ■■■■?
I just struggle to believe anyone playing reserves at that ■■■■-show is worth chasing.

He’s exactly what we don’t need.

Goes hard, that’s about it. Poor skills, slow, smallish. Next!!!

Of course to Finding Nino, that means he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

Not sure why we’re not circling the good players at the Dogs: Bont, McLean, Macrae, Hunter.

2 Likes