Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Are people prepared to bring in The likes of Wallis and Tyson, while continuing with Parrish in the forwardline and Clarke in the VFL?? Because that’s essentially what will happen.

Unless we are trading in players that are in the top 15 at the club, we must recruit midfielders through the draft. We don’t want more players that will fill holes, especially in the midfield.

5 Likes

All I have is draft pick and inside mid, but given he hasn’t lived up to expectation he may be cheaper than a Wallis.

No chance of getting those players you mentioned espically Bont.

Out of curiosity, have you already got a pic of every player in the comp in Essendon colours just to make this sort of post quicker/easier for you?

1 Like

No grab it from the AFL website

edit - Just on Bontempli can never see him leave seems very loyal to the Dogs he’ll be their next captain.

Wallis will be free to a good home. Brodie’s at the GC, they’ll want pick 1 and a couple of all-australians.

1 Like

Like Callan Ward? And Ryan Griffen?

2 Likes

I think Griffen would have still been at the Dogs if it wernt for McCartney.

I really, truly don’t believe you.

They sacked McCartney and he still headed off, so good luck with that.

Spot on!

We need quality not quantity.

1 Like

The damage was already done at that point imo.

It would be nice to know what our midfield looks like at the end of the year. Currently we have.

Zaka Zerrett McGrath
Belly Hepp Smith

With Langford Clarke Mutch Guelfi Colyer and stints from Stringer, Fanta and Tippa.

It looks like Langford and Guelfi will make it, hopefully Colyer gets back to his best. So really we are chasing 2 quality midfielders one with an inside bent and another with some pace and endurance would be nice. (Crouch brothers?)

If Clarke can have an impact by the end of the year then we have 1 less to find. So we need to play him to find out. Same with Mutch.

We are also lacking a bigger midfielder that we can say is a genuine gun like Wines, Mitchell.

OK then.

But it’s still inconceivable that a future captain of the Dogs could leave, yeah?
I mean it seems like beveridge has things under control.

I can see the dogs wanting overs for a father son player.

If Bont ever decides to leave I hope Essendon throw the cheque book but I cant see him leaving that’s all.

Begley has great endurance from memory.

1 Like

He’s a free agent, sure they can match the offer and try to force a trade for him, but if they don’t want him there that might cause issues.

Particularly if Beveridge decides to talk up his trade value like he did with Stringer.

Although you would assume the list management staff after that and also his comments about Roughead a few weeks back would have told him he is no longer allowed to comment on players contract situation or potential trades.

Forgot about him. He’s another it would have been good to see him in the middle this year.

Yep. And wouldn’t it be farkin fantastic if Laverde actually comes through - increases his tank (which is what I think his main issue is) and shows some outside mid ken…

2 Likes

Yeah it certainly would, the body of evidence so far this year doesn’t give me much hope with Lav. You do have to wonder what his injuries have done to limit him athletically.

2 Likes