Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Yep, plenty of noise that he wants to return home for family reasons.

1 Like

Wow…that would annoy Geelong. I hope it happens then :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not sure it would annoy Geelong.

If they get a class pick 5 young gun from Vic back, for 1yr spent on a pick 24? mature ager from WA

Kelly has been excellent but you’d be happy with that.

Cerra’s mother a North supporter though & the $$ will be there. Then it would annoy Geelong.

2 Likes

From where does this noise emanate?

Fair enough logic. Didn’t realise the jungle drums about Kelly were that loud.

Dont know if I had a history of melanoma I would be overly keen to move to the skin cancer capital of the world…

1 Like

Right you are. Hawks might try to send old mate Schoenmakers instead!

I think we should offer Jamie Elliot a good contract, take the risk, Could be the next Higgins, Was injured for the Dogs a lot and has hardly missed a beat since.

I like a good risk.

2 Likes

I first heard it from a player manager just before the bye round and he said Kelly was seriously thinking about having an extended break as he was missing his family too much

2 Likes

Swap for Kelly?

Have heard similar. Have been told he is as good as gone.

its been said on the footy show, he has twin boys, plus another son i think so pretty busy and needs more family support.

His wife wants to be close to her mum so she can help out with the kids, Can’t blame her.

Pick up Gaff as a FA.
Trade 1st round pick plus Parish for Shiel.

Starting mids next year = Shiel, Gaff, Heppell, Zerett, Langford, MCgrath

They mentioned it on the Swans vs Cats broadcast last night as well

I actually don’t care now if we don’t trade in any new mids at all in the off-season. I’d rather make sure we have the money to keep all of our up and coming youngsters. We’ll need to be throwing a lot more at Fanta for his next contract and Langford this season.

Just load up on youngsters in the draft and back in our current midfield, plus Clarke, Mutch, Begley.
Hopefully get 1 or 2 decent outside runners in the draft who can start to put pressure on for spots in the forwardline or wing pretty quickly.

1 Like

Would you be prepared to lose Fantasia for Shiel?

No.

7 Likes

no way.

1 Like

Trade a pick 5 mid and potentiallly another pick 10 mid for Sheil.

We don’t we just keep our two highly rated mids??

Two good mids is better than one no?

1 Like