Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I don’t think they could pay him more than their big four.

He’s an absolute gun but surely would cost way more than we could afford

They’d end up with a serious chunk of their cap invested in their top 5, but they would be using their brand to get him slightly cheaper than their rivals

Seems we are out of the Sloane race Saints and Hawks into him according to Tom Browne.

Reckon Mitch Wallis will be at Essendon

Wallis not what we need IMO. Would rather get senior games into Parish, Clarke & Mutch etc.

13 Likes

Would form a deadly combo with Myers in the VFL though

1 Like

Wallis would get a game over Clarke and Mutch imo

Have heard Wallis is keen to come to us

1 Like

Momentum

How good would it be to have him applying tackles and feeding the ball out from the middle.

People might not want him but will change their tune once he starts playing well and we make the Dogs look like idiots again.

2 Likes

Of course he would be.

No doubt lives in the area. And his dad works with/ has business with someone linked to our coteries.

I don’t see the point.

Our midfield is doing very well at present. Darcy Parish who is not even in our side is capable of doing exactly what Wallis does but with more upside and better footskills.

If we bring someone in inside mid wise it needs to be a gun that pushes Myers back to VFL/or traded out for. Wallis does not do that. And doesn’t even get a game ahead of Parish IMO

If he wants more game time & to stay local its off to Carlton to help Cripps

4 Likes

Would take Wallis over Myers

You’d take someone else’s half eaten packet of twisties over your own never ending Tim tam’s.

13 Likes

Heard it a few weeks ago that he was keen. Weather we pursue? I see him and Parish fighting for the same position. I feel they’re a bit similar just Wallis is more proven. Could we play both? Do we need Wallis? Who knows but he would basically be free. Fark the dogs.

Also found out that last year Richmond flew Lynch down and got him seats for the Prelim final and he loved the atmosphere. Is very close to Prestia.

Haha I actually think Wallis is a better player at least Wallis dosen’t hoof ball blindly from a contest

How is he at spreadsheets though? Can’t afford a repeat

1 Like

Wallis can take Greens spot

I think there is room for both

1 Like

Let’s look at recent events…

His elite footskills & decision making worked a treat versus North 2 weeks ago when the game mattered.

Meanwhile Myers went at 96% DE last week.

If we can’t get a gun at years end via trade or draft, you continue on with Myers / Parish / Clarke / Mutch and go again at end of 2019 for that gun inside mid.

Stop trying for the moneyball strategy Nino. We don’t need other teams B grade or worse players.

1 Like

Over 1 bad kick he’s no good then.

Dylan Shiel must be our target next season fark Carlton why would he want to play for that ■■■■ club